Nectar

himsa

Smoked that bitch
Oct 31, 2003
hell
Visit site
I'm gonna ask you guys to help me on this, what do you think this song is about? I'm just asking for a second reference, but I am doing this for a school report. Could someone help me out?

Here's the lyric (so you dont have to look it up, in which case I am almost certain you wouldn't get off your lazy butts and do so :p )

Nectar:

I arose from the lullaby
Enduring yet another tale
You tempt me again
With your embrace, so tainted
Within the night you beckon
Cursing me with every glance

Bring me through
Carry my empty shadow
And guide me inside your warped labyrinth
To the well of sin
I swear I will always love you

Leave me speechless
Release my yearning
The soil I walk is clad with light
Drifting moons thrust me with their rays
And I fall inside

I lament this heritage
Cannot bid farewell
The pale face...you went as far as you could
And from that moment
I witnessed your beauty, fealt your death

Mine is yours, mine is yours

In the wake of dawn
The mist of morning linger before it leaves
Invisible eyes, red reflection
It is you
Smiling in the midst of the moor

I have no idea what the going interpretation of this song is, or even if there is a widely accepted interpretation in the first place.

That said--I've always thought this song is directed at the speaker's (presumably dead) lover, who keeps returning to haunt his dreams. He can't forget her, but it's not necessarily a good thing.

If you want me to be more specific as to where I am getting this, let me know...

NeverIsForever said:
I have no idea what the going interpretation of this song is, or even if there is a widely accepted interpretation in the first place.

That said--I've always thought this song is directed at the speaker's (presumably dead) lover, who keeps returning to haunt his dreams. He can't forget her, but it's not necessarily a good thing.

If you want me to be more specific as to where I am getting this, let me know...

Thats the jist of my presumption, but what about do you suppose he is refering to when he talks about
"And guide me inside your warped labyrinth" <possible interpretation: the catecombs of her mind or memories

"To the well of sin" <but this, why sin do you think? If it was a lover you'ld assume only good of the memories. This is whats stumping me. I know its a small verse, but Im just making sure im not missing anything.

himsa said:
Thats the jist of my presumption, but what about do you suppose he is refering to when he talks about
"And guide me inside your warped labyrinth" <possible interpretation: the catecombs of her mind or memories

Possibly. Or if you want to take it more literally, he may very well be talking about sex. Lmao...not going any further with that one...

himsa said:
"To the well of sin" <but this, why sin do you think? If it was a lover you'ld assume only good of the memories. This is whats stumping me. I know its a small verse, but Im just making sure im not missing anything.

They say love is blind, and it would seem to me that when you love someone enough, you are willing to overlook their flaws to almost any extent. That said, I'm not sure the speaker is necessarily "in love" with this woman. Does he lust after her? Absolutely. But that's physical temptation more than love. Maybe there was a specific reason why their love was a sin, i.e. one of them was married, which would have made it adultery? No idea...

lol, dang it, I knew it was about sex, but I guess I have been trying to interpret it a different way to fit the obvious regulations.

haha, it was either this or Rotting Christ :loco: Needless to say Opeth's lyrics are much easier to manipulate into a school friendly interpretation

Man, you guys really break these songs down. I just pop in the cd when I'm in the mood. Guess I'm not really that obsessed afterall.

I thought that was Yngwie until I read below it. They look the same

I remember when yngiwe would vacilate between thin and really really fat. Now, he's just fat, I think. I also remeber when he would wreck one of his Ferraris on a monthly basis. Good times.

edit: ^would you mind doing something about your sig? thanks.

dorian gray said:
romeo has really really bad hair

ok here we go:

the bad hair (hilarious bangs :D ) + the white shoes he wears on stage (the pump up ones) + the sweatpants (what they look like anyway) = fashion disaster.

but he can still shred like a mofo