What Is Your Least Favorite Opeth Song

you're all fucking freaks.

my vote goes for funeral portrait, cool though most of it is, that dream theater riff goes on a bit too long and a few too many times for my liking.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I fuckin love the riff to Wreath, I cant see how it's so bad compared to any other Opeth riff. :confused:
And commentls like "I cant listen to three minutes of TNATSW" are bizarre. How can you not like 3 minutes of a song when it sounds like all the rest of the song????!!!! :Smug:

:lol:

As far as least favorite song, I'd have to say Under the Weeping Moon. It just wanders around doing nothing for really the first 7 minutes. After that it gets pretty cool though.

Weakness definately. Great album, but its a little too weird and "experimental" of a close for my taste.

And even though I wouldn't really consider it a least favorite song from Opeth, I can't get into Serenity Painted Death at all. It's actually my least favorite off of Still Life.

Christ, some people have mentioned some fucking good songs...anyway, mine will have to be Dirge For November, April Ethereal (I dunno, a lot of people like it but I can't seem to get into it) and Perhaps Wreath...but all of them I can listen to and stuff, they're just my least favourite.

meh, I LOVE Wreath. totally awesome song, I think ALL the riffs and bit on it are excellent. bah.

my least fave Opeth song (disregarding the tripe that is damnation) is probably The Funeral Portrait....the main riff that opens the first body of the song is so incredibly lame, the clean vocals aren't worth comment let alone praise....the whole song just lacks elegance.

Hope Leaves is kind of blah. Damnation really goes downhill after Closure, the climax of the album. A lot of people say Wreath, but after listening to it enough, I have to say BTPISIO is worse. The intro is really nice, but it just goes on too long. An extra special vote goes to The Moor for being so overrated.

There's no accounting for taste, even amongst the Opeth faithful. My least favorite (although I still dig it) is Face of Melinda, and mainly because of the lyrics (i.e. placing adjectives at the end of lines). But how could Wreath or Serenity Painted Death be anyone's least fave? Goes back to the question of taste.