Least Favorite Opeth Song

hmn, i seem to have seen a simillar thread posted by _Transparent_ on the katatonia forum, stupid transparent didn't write it here though:p , let me think, it would have to be Prologe. paterns in the ivy too. i'd say benighted although i really like it.

wow, thanks for this letting me listen to leper affinity, as no ones home im playing load on my PC, and as the bass is turned up and with my feet on the sub woofer i sit back in the hope that this song plays at my death. wow, i never knew the drumming was so intense and fast, must be the bass or whatever high.:loco:

prologue? it does the least for me...I suppose it gives the effect of the openning of MAYH, but that's it. It's impossible to compare it to silhouette or something like that. But if prologue doesnt count, I'd say Requiem.

Of full songs (ie. not counting silhouette, prologue, etc.) I must say I like the least Dirge for November and April Ethereal. Also, I'm not too fond of Godhead's Lament and In Mist She Was Standing, although both those songs have some great moments. The Leper Affinity isn't very high on my list, either.

And I don't like some of the moments on Black Rose Immortal - it could be a perfect song, but it just isn't!

Nectar, on the other hand, is definitely among top-five Opeth-songs, IMHO. And I think Karma is the the second-best (after When) song from MAYH.

-Villain

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel

why? just curious, I love that song

I don't know, it doesn't do to me what other opeth songs do (not including prologues/interludes/epilogues)

I'd ask why to everyone who mentions another song

If the survivor thread is any indication, then The Amen Corner and Godhead's Lament (fucking awesome song, integral in my conversion to an Opethian) are the worst, getting the least votes, but that is owed mostly to their competition, hopefully...

another thing that i find cool is that the least favourite opeth track of one person is very often one of the favourite tracks of someone else.

so essentially, the merit of each opeth track gets acknowledged in one way or another.