What are your least favorite tracks on each Opeth Album?

The Twilight Is My Robe
Advent
When
White Cluster
Leper Affinity (I'm bored of it cuz on a drive for 10 hours my friend played that song over and over and over)

Under the weeping moon

cant choose in morningrise...(to EPIC)

Its supposed to be all one song....so u cant choose

still-life - Moonlapse vertigo (it always passes without me realising what song im listening to

BWP- probably.....dirge for november?

i can't do it, there isn't one song on each album i dislike, just ones i like more than the others. the only song that opeth ever wrote that disappointed me was dirge for november, but that seems to be a given.

Originally posted by bleedingskeptic
i can't do it, there isn't one song on each album i dislike, just ones i like more than the others. the only song that opeth ever wrote that disappointed me was dirge for november, but that seems to be a given.

i think the same could be said for everyone here. i love all the songs i picked. the point of this thread is to pick the songs you love least, not songs you dislike. and ummmm......what do you mean about Dirge For November being a "given?" i personally think it's the best song on BWP, and one of the best Opeth songs overall.

:lol: Opet, I love your smilies!

OK, well....

Orchid: all of it? ~ducks~
Morningrise: Nectar
MAYH: Madrigal
Still Life: White Cluster
BWP: Dirge for November

That was difficult.

I don't hav Orchid so I'll just do th other four
Morningrise-To Bid You Farewell
MAYH-Epilogue(is that cheating)
Still Life (this ones the thoughest for me too)-Face of Melinda
Blackwater Park-Patterns in the Ivy

Originally posted by O'blivion

i think the same could be said for everyone here. i love all the songs i picked. the point of this thread is to pick the songs you love least, not songs you dislike. and ummmm......what do you mean about Dirge For November being a "given?" i personally think it's the best song on BWP, and one of the best Opeth songs overall.
yeah dirge for november just rules...what is wrong with it?:confused:

Opet: "I can't! I can't read this thread anymore!" OK, so...maybe I was being a bit irrational.

O'blivion: "i think the same could be said for everyone here. i love all the songs i picked. the point of this thread is to pick the songs you love least, not songs you dislike. Yes, I know that and I DO understand it and want to cooperate, but when I try to pick one song off an album, something about each...I couldn't turn my back on any one of them! It's a sickness I tell ya!

"...and ummmm......what do you mean about Dirge For November being a "given?" Some may not like it, but the reasons I do are 1) The dry sounding vocals at the beginning, very close and personal; 2) The *pain* in the message of the song; 3) I really like the heaviness in the growls and the music towards the end. I'm reeling the whole song.

Lina: :lol: "Opet, I love your smilies!" I love using them. I like the way they help convey emotions. When I talk to people, my face is usually animated into some expression. I try not to overuse them, but sometimes there's a perfect face for every damn line!

What Opet said about Dirge For November is right on...the emotions expressed in the words...the melody in the growl...the acoustical part at the end is fantastic.

I don't think I have any least-favourite Opeth songs. I know that when I pick an album to listen to (usually the first one I come across in my cd cases, since they're in no particular order (Thank you Bob Saget)), I skip to a song that's recently been in my head (unless it's MAYH, that needs to be played through start to finish).

And whenever I think, "Gee ('cos I really use that word.. right.. :lol:), I don't like [name random song here], I give it listen and I fall in love with it again. So essentially, I suppose I'm saying that Opeth is infallible, which would certainly correlate to Mikael's ego-boosting quote that was on top for some time yesterday.

But in the spirit of the times, and in the sheer boredom of my life (2 days off work, gf has to teach 8th graders all day :p), I'll list the songs that don't get quite as much play..

So here goes..

Orchid - In Mist She Was Standing

Morningrise - Nectar

MAYH - fuck off, MAYH is untouchable

Still Life - Serenity Painted Death (I think the verse/chorus structure turned me off once or twice.. I'm gonna put it on now though and get back to you fine people)

Blackwater Park - I still haven't gotten into this album enough.. Maybe Patterns in the Ivy :p

-------------------------
P.S. I'm listening to SPD right now, and I like it a lot. I suppose this proves my Infallability theory. :D

what is wrong with some of you people?
seriously...

advent!? (BLASPHEMY!)
the moor?? (beg for forgiveness..)
when??? (crypes.... get some taste :) )
the amen corner? :eek:
forest of october!? (its a classic goddammit!!)
april ethereal!!?!?!??!?!?! ( :eek: take it back!! )
white cluster... :mad:

:\ how about making a thread with the best of Opeth??

btw... here are my least favorites, keeping in mind that these are out of the songs that have lyrics :D
blackwater: harvest (when do i get to the headbanging??)
morningrise: eternal soul torture (beginning is sweet... but it dies down)
my arms: credence (good, but a little weaker than the rest!)
orchid: into the frost of winter (scares the crap out of me every time)
still life: benighted (sweet, but all the others are so good!)

all in all...if you people didn't disagree with me, how else would i know that im right? eheh