Something I've noticed about Opeth...

I agree. In fact.... i am so obsessive about it i have edited probably 70% of Opeth songs, if even just a little, so that they sound better to my ears. This really only means i have cut out certain parts of certain songs. Back when AG was around you could fine my edit's there... all of them the original song name with the tag (Bumblefoot Edit) on the end so peole wouldn't accidentally download that one and be pissed. But IMHO i made the songs perfect for my ears and i love the band even more now hehe... it is funny, a lot of the parts people mentioned here are parts that i have taken out :p examples being the heavy parts of Dirge, the beginning of BRI (i don't like the first 9 minutes or so hehe, my version starts with "you spoke only through thoughts" or whatever he says there...), the part in NEctar, the part in white cluster... ehhh i know it is sacrilege but ilove these versions even more muahahaa

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
I agree. In fact.... i am so obsessive about it i have edited probably 70% of Opeth songs, if even just a little, so that they sound better to my ears. This really only means i have cut out certain parts of certain songs. Back when AG was around you could fine my edit's there... all of them the original song name with the tag (Bumblefoot Edit) on the end so peole wouldn't accidentally download that one and be pissed. But IMHO i made the songs perfect for my ears and i love the band even more now hehe... it is funny, a lot of the parts people mentioned here are parts that i have taken out :p examples being the heavy parts of Dirge, the beginning of BRI (i don't like the first 9 minutes or so hehe, my version starts with "you spoke only through thoughts" or whatever he says there...), the part in NEctar, the part in white cluster... ehhh i know it is sacrilege but ilove these versions even more muahahaa

You, my friend, are nuts. Then again, respond with your signature if you wish. ;)

I can't understand, even if it was because my favorite parts change all the time. I see I look at music in a totally different way than a year ago, for example.

hehe yeah i can see that, Vortex... maybe one day i will like those parts more. BUT i did edit them to make them more... ehh quiet for the most part and more emotional. I know i did that much right. And besides i still have all the originals on CD, it's not like they are gone forever. And glad you like my sig :p you're the first person in the 9 months i have been here to ever even mention it :p i like it.