A Brief Description Of The Gods - Opeth.

Xupacabara

The Secret Orchard
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Mikael - Hope you're seeing this
The beauty of your creations cannot be described. The acoustic changes within the masterpieces are beyond imagination. The divinity of "The Twilight is my Robe" and the melodic end of "Forest of October" are pure soft and amazing. The lyrics of "Black Rose Immortal" and the calmness of "To Bid You Farewell" are deep and beautifull.
"Demon of the Fall" is just one of the best heavy songs you have ever created. "The Moor" shows the way you are capable of changing into a slight lighter genere from your current music and still keeping it unique. "Moonlapse Vertigo has an astonishing rythem and the solo fits well enough. Finally reaching the end that may continue, my favourite song " The Drapery Falls " the divine sound od "Patters in the Ivy" the smooth sound of "The Leper Affinity" which includes an amazing solo, and the last but beautifull "Blackwater Park".

I gave examples from each album in order as you can see

Your music is my life,
and my life is your music.

Please create more and last forever...

gimme F gimme A gimmme N gimme A gimmie T gimme I gimme C :)

"The Trees Moan As If They Knew..."

The evening trees moan as if they knew. :)

That was a hefty first post. Welcome to the board :wave:. I think that Mike sees most things on this board, but he doesn't reply much.

I agree. Has anyone ever noticed that newer Opeth fans seem way more zealous about Opeth than people who have been listening to them for quite a while? It so happens that Orchid was the first Opeth album I bought and I sent a letter to the address on the inside, neer the credits. It seems foolish when I look back on it now but I felt so strongly about it at the time. Anyway I got the letter back, unopened, since I did not know Mikeal had moved. It had stamps and stuff in Swedish. Through rough translation, I could tell it meant that the person didn't live there any longer. I'm sort of glad in a way, since I said some really stupid things.

Thank you for welcoming me into the board.
it takes some really experienced ppl in music to love Opeth the way it deserves to be loved.

note anon - i'm not new to Opeth, i listen to Metal for over 4 years now.
It's just that Opeth changed the whole view.

I know it's the evening trees, i was just a dumbass - where do i change it?
:confused:

Originally posted by Sfarog
please no more of this "xxxx is the best band ever" shit.

I was hoping at least this board had more open minded people on it.

I agree...

It is a ridiculous thing to say.

Originally posted by Sfarog
please no more of this "xxxx is the best band ever" shit.

I was hoping at least this board had more open minded people on it.

What is so fucking stupid is this kind of reply. Shit man what's wrong to express our gratitude towards an amazing band that is Opeth...How the hell does it affects you? Beside, you're right, about "I was hoping at leat this board had more open minded people on it?" To my eyes, it's this very kind of rely that makes it close minded. Man it's not like he/she is bashing the band on their own message board.

Sorry about my rudeness but man if you're bored about this kind of topic...don't pay attention to it damnit!

By the way Xupacabara, welcome aboard :)

Come on man, you sound like you're preaching Opeth as some kind of religion, haha. The music is great... most likely the greatest I've ever heard and I'm still getting through about 5 hours a day of Opeth listening, getting it all to sink in... I feel that the time I've known, listened and sort of analysed Opeth, I've come a long way in terms of musical knowledge.. (and also thanks to those on this board).

Anyway, welcome man :)