Opeth in Tokyo 27/8/08

I'd assume that there's an A/B setlist they have going on.

They'll probably switch damnation songs through, and maybe Watershed songs with other Watershed songs.

does anyone remember at the sydney show under the big top last time they were in australia mikael mentioning they would play black rose immortal next time they came out? do you think he was serious? that sure would be awesome.

Nah this was the real order, taken from another thread:

Heir Apparent
Master's Apprentices
The Baying of the Hounds
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid the Disease
The Lotus Eater (live debut)
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
Encore: The Drapery Falls

It's just.... amazing. It would be even better if The Night and the Silent Water was replaced with BLACKWATER PARK!

Exactly the same setlist, in the same order, yesterday in Osaka. Almost 'greatest hits' huh. It took them almost 2 hours. Undivinely excellent show.

Agree about the excellence of the show, puyol. I've seen hundreds of bands over the years (been going to gigs since '84) but it's been a long time since I was so excited about any show. I had high expectations going in and came out with them surpassed. I won't be going to any gigs for a while, because there aren't many bands who could come close to what I saw last Wednesday. As for greatest hits, well, I don't think there are many weak tracks in the Opeth back catalogue, so they could have played just about anything and it would've been great.
Did you get the same David Coverdale impressions in Osaka? I think in Tokyo it was a classic case of KY, which (kuki yomenai - can't read the atmosphere, basically), and watching it go right over the audience's heads made it even funnier.
I myself am KY - kanji yomenai.