Opeth@Metal Rock Fest 2008 (Pics, setlist, comments)

Haha, well it was quite easy :p
Me and some friends stood at the backstage "entrance", and the guard simply walked away after a while. The fest-crew was carrying amps and shit from the stage, so maybe it wasn't that strict since it was when the festival was finished. The festival took place in the "yard" of the hotel all the artists slept in, and therefore the artists chilled more than on other concerts. Axe said he loved the way the hotel was so close to the stage =)

:)

The gig really was awesome, extremely tight playing and Mikael had some jokes in between the songs as usual :headbang:

This was also my first time seeing them live even though i have attended two Opeth concerts.. I was at the Hove festival when they didn't show up because of Mike contracting chickenpox :erk: Meh, I got to finally see them so I'm happy, I even got myself a guitar pick that was thrown out :D

I've got some pictures aswell:

16082008772.jpg

16082008769.jpg

16082008766.jpg

16082008760.jpg

16082008753.jpg

Nice!

You sure got better live-pics than me ;D

MAN! I fucking touched axe's drumstick when he threw it out, but it bounced away into the hands of some chick who didn't seem to care too much about Opeth -_- I got really mad! But hey, I've met Opeth ;D

Im so jealous of you meeting them :p I actually snuck behind the scene after the concert, but didn't see them. How long were they in the tent?

Im so jealous of you meeting them :p I actually snuck behind the scene after the concert, but didn't see them. How long were they in the tent?

They were there for a very long time, actually.

I think Axe was there the longest, cause Mendez and Åkerfeldt went to bet around 01:00 or something, I think (I didn't really check my clock at the time:p)

A friend of mine hanged out with Per Wiberg until 05:30 in the morning, when per realized he had to get on the bus to go to england :rofl: