Opeth@Metal Rock Fest 2008 (Pics, setlist, comments)

Ninfix

Gamer of life
Nov 30, 2007
Oslo, Norway
Thank you Opeth for a stunning show! This was the first time I saw Opeth, and it was NOT disappointing.

The show took place in Lillehammer, norway sturday the 16th, and they played

Demon of The Fall
The Baying of The Hounds
Master's Apprentices
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid The Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
~~~ENCORE~~~
The Drapery Falls

IMG_0109.JPG

Demon, Serenity, Heir Apparent and Drapery Falls were particularly good, imo.

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

I was blown away by the excellent sound and the excellent performance. All credit to Opeth! :worship:notworthy

I also was so lucky i managed to sneak backstage with my friends(thanks to my girlfriend who talked me into doing it!) and guess who I met there!

IMG_0120.JPG

(Axe, Me, Åkerfeldt, Mendez and my buddy Lars)

IMG_0122.JPG

(Me, Åkesson and Lars)

And look at those pretty signed albums :D (BWP is only signed by Åkerfeldt)
img0147kf1.jpg

OKay, I'm sorry if I am bragging very much or something, I just wanted to share my experience with you guys!

Anyone else who were on that show?

I like Mike's expression in the 4th pic :lol: Did they jam to Hessian Peel there?

Yeah, his expression is great :rofl: I got another one, where he looks exhausted and very sunburned :p

Yeah, this is the one where they tricked us with the Hessian Peel riff!

He also said, when someone shouted "BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL!"
"Ni vill bara höra den fordi den er lang" ("You only want to hear it because it is long")
and later they continued shouting it, and he replies "Jag kan den inte lengre" or something like that. ("I can't play it anymore")

When we met him, the first thing we heard was him explaining the difference between how you say "poop" in norwegian and swedish! "Bæsj i sverige er bajs"

It was hillarious :rofl:

great man! cheers! finally some interesting posts. not those crappy.. "do u like watershed" or "what song is your favorite"!
I'm wondering how did u sneak to the back stage though... any tips ? :)

great man! cheers! finally some interesting posts. not those crappy.. "do u like watershed" or "what song is your favorite"!
I'm wondering how did u sneak to the back stage though... any tips ? :)

Haha, well it was quite easy :p
Me and some friends stood at the backstage "entrance", and the guard simply walked away after a while. The fest-crew was carrying amps and shit from the stage, so maybe it wasn't that strict since it was when the festival was finished. The festival took place in the "yard" of the hotel all the artists slept in, and therefore the artists chilled more than on other concerts. Axe said he loved the way the hotel was so close to the stage =)

Thanks for appreciating the thread, guys ;)