Japan Setlist: Wednesday 27th Aug

Vaushke, did they train you to be able to unleash the fenomenal amount of bullshit you seem to send forth from your mouth (or rather, fingertips)? You've earned my /ignore.

EDIT: just to clarify, you're the first ever in 6+ years of internet that makes it to my ignore list, congratulations.

Vaushke, did they train you to be able to unleash the fenomenal amount of bullshit you seem to send forth from your mouth (or rather, fingertips)? You've earned my /ignore.

EDIT: just to clarify, you're the first ever in 6+ years of internet that makes it to my ignore list, congratulations.

You can do that??? Awesome! He's blocked!

nothing except a new cd - i dont care how great the show is, id rather something new

also, there are plenty of bands that dont perform live that survive, and there are bands that tour quite often and still need second jobs. besides, mike said they only started touring for blackwater park, and they made great albums/survived before then.

You are entitled to your own opinion and I totally respect that, but have you ever seen them live?

whats so great about seeing them live? the music sounds worse, and there is a horribly large spawn of fucking retards, like you nibster, right there to ruin it. hey if you want to mosh so bad to the 'atmosphere', just flick on opeth at home and jump around and punch some of your dumbass buddies. tickets actually cost money, and some people (like me) would rather listen to them without smelly, obnoxious retards ruining the 'atmosphere.'

yeah its not just about the music, its about mike's jokes and glowing personality? give me a fucking break

yeah, nothing beats a live show. except a new album, if they didnt release albums theyd be playing the same shit over and over again. all you dicks complain in the slipknot thread that their new album was just rehashed. guess whats worse than that? THE SAME FUCKING ALBUM

Making [good] albums is not like taking a shit, you know! Art is not something you just do like writing silly threads. If it was so easy, all artists would just produce and produce.
And Opeth live DO NOT sound shitty, they are not a mediocre band that play one song after the other, they take their time in between songs to give [us] an awesome experience. Besides, when I saw them live I was in a quiet spot and really, really enjoyed the show without idiots around me.

Making [good] albums is not like taking a shit, you know! Art is not something you just do like writing silly threads. If it was so easy, all artists would just produce and produce.
And Opeth live DO NOT sound shitty, they are not a mediocre band that play one song after the other, they take their time in between songs to give [us] an awesome experience. Besides, when I saw them live I was in a quiet spot and really, really enjoyed the show without idiots around me.

spending more time writing without doing live shows OR spending the same amount of time writing and having no live shows and instead having time off will probably result in a better album. or a worse one. however more time spent writing increases the chance of mike making more material, better material, and gives him more time to experiment with new stuff he wouldnt normally have the time to. also, this way maybe the other band members can get more involved as there would be more time to critique and evaluate the ideas.

Honestly, you talk so much crap. You seem to think they can write stuff thats great just like that...? Ain't gonna happen. The whole point is to write an album and then TOUR that album. If Opeth (or any band) released albums every 6 months or so, the quality would decrease badly. It takes time to craft good music and that shouldn't be rushed.

I do agree with you on the stupid idiots that 'mosh' though, I hate that shit.

But for all your others views, they are very strange imo.

whats so crap? obviously more time would increase the chance of writing a good album as it would give mike and de guyz more time to write. even if they released albums the same time as they do now, there would be more effort put into them because they wouldnt be farting around touring.

"It takes time to craft good music and that shouldn't be rushed." way to contradict yourself and add a point to my argument. my main argument is that it takes time to write good music AND IF THEY DIDNT TOUR THEY WOULD HAVE MORE TIME.

whats so crap? obviously more time would increase the chance of writing a good album as it would give mike and de guyz more time to write. even if they released albums the same time as they do now, there would be more effort put into them because they wouldnt be farting around touring.

"It takes time to craft good music and that shouldn't be rushed." way to contradict yourself and add a point to my argument. my main argument is that it takes time to write good music AND IF THEY DIDNT TOUR THEY WOULD HAVE MORE TIME.

Ok, I'm starting to get confused as to what the fuck you're talking about. You said previously that you preferred they didn't tour so that they could release MORE albums at a greater pace.

But now you're saying you would prefer that they didn't tour so that they would spend that time just writing. So basically still an album every few years but no tour??

What makes you think that the albums are rushed when they tour?

i didnt say they were rushed, but if they didnt tour = more spare time, which could be used to further improve the album

i didnt say they were rushed, but if they didnt tour = more spare time, which could be used to further improve the album

It would not mean more spare time, because they would need to earn money to fund the recording... i.e. a job.

As I said earlier, bands don't make alot of money from album sales. I could be totally wrong but I don't *think* even Opeth could live off just album sales alone.

If it were a huge band such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, etc... they probably earn enough from album sales and royalties to live off of it. Remember, the bigger bands sell millions of copies when Opeth are only probably in the thousands.

they surely get a better cut from roadrunner compared to what they got from shit like peaceville

if you dont like australia then get out

and to the guy that said live sounds better, lololol. if live sounded better they would have recorded 8 live albums instead of just 1. lololol
lol awful response. Did you read what I said? I never said I didn't like oz I said you are making us look bad. Some random makes idiotic posts on a internet forum, that's surely the main reason a person would leave the country. This is all hypothetical, this COULD and MAY improve the album, people obviously want a break from writing all the time. Fuck this awful argument. I'm out. Read what I said if you want to know what I think because I've already stated it once.

lol awful response. Did you read what I said? I never said I didn't like oz I said you are making us look bad. Some random makes idiotic posts on a internet forum, that's surely the main reason a person would leave the country. This is all hypothetical, this COULD and MAY improve the album, people obviously want a break from writing all the time. Fuck this awful argument. I'm out. Read what I said if you want to know what I think because I've already stated it once.

i meant out of the country not the thread

i meant out of the country not the thread

He said the country. What are you on about? I have been watching this thread and some others and it just blows me away with how retarded you are. The points made in this topic speak for them selves. Your concept of bands not touring and just continually writing is heavily flawed. Not to mention you believe bands can be perfectly judged via a guitar pro of there song. Oh and you don't care about vocals. The other guy is right, your making Australia look bad. Come on just give it a rest.