To Rid the Disease
The Lotus Eater (live debut)
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
Encore: The Drapery Falls

Kick ass.

First time I have seen some new songs in the setlist since I saw them on Defenders Of The Faith in April - btw The Lotus Eater would totally own live!!

Awesome. If I wanted to be truly spoiled, I would say replace "demon of the fall" with "blackwater park" and then I could die happy..

sorry, dumbass question: what exactly is the encore? is it part of the set? it says its usually done at the audience's request, is that true for this? if it isnt, why not just have it as part of the set without bothering with the name encore?

sorry, dumbass question: what exactly is the encore? is it part of the set? it says its usually done at the audience's request, is that true for this? if it isnt, why not just have it as part of the set without bothering with the name encore?

it's a tradition that I think is long past it's sell-by date..I'd prefer it if bands would just play all the songs that they are going to play and then end the show. I don't think they really need to hear the audience calling for "more"...it's just theatre.

it's a tradition that I think is long past it's sell-by date..I'd prefer it if bands would just play all the songs that they are going to play and then end the show. I don't think they really need to hear the audience calling for "more"...it's just theatre.

Too right.

A real encore is one of the most amazing things you can experience as an audience member. A moment where the band really weren't planning on playing any more songs, but the encouragement of the audience brings them for a few more numbers.

To plan an encore ahead of time is fucking lame. Just play whatever songs you're gonna play, and then leave. No reason for a slight break at the end of the set, only to comeback and a couple more songs.

If the encore isn't 100% spontaneous, it's not an encore.

Vivören;7566813 said:
Also, the "mellow" song of the set needs to be either Burden, Isolation Years or Coil.

If we wanna hear Damnation tracks live, we can just watch Lamentations. Come on Opeth, switch it up.

Mike said Isolation Years is too hard to do live. Coil would be boring if it's only Mike singing.

Technically, they did switch it up. Before the break, all they played was Windowpayne. Hadn't heard TRTD or IMTON since the Damnation tour. I get what you're saying though and I agree. Burden would be nice.

Big things out of that setlist are:

1. The Lotus Eater - can't wait to hear this live!

2. Deliverance - favourite song (probably) and I've been waiting to see this live ever since Lamentations. Even though Lopez isn't around anymore I'm sure this is still fucking awesome. SOOOOOO psyched to see it on their list and I am begging Opeth to play it on 20th November in London... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

I'm wondering if they'll switch up a few songs for the US tour, considering they played basically the entire Prog Nation set (except Wreath) in Japan.

That said, I would love to see Deliverance, Lotus Eater, Bleak, Serenity Painted Death, and TNATSW live.