Portland headlining gig 5/4

their sound sucked in portland but i think it was the venue
i thought so too, it sounded kind of flat and muffled compared to other times i've seen them.

btw, were you in the front row (right side) wearing a novembre shirt? you look like the guy that was right next to me :) (i was the guy with white sleeves)

kind of both... short.. axe did cool bl4st b33ts lawl
peter did a nice little 15 second solo.. mike was like "Ok i'm gonna do a solo now"
and he just plays one note and bends it with lots of feeling and sustain..
i think pers solo was part of No Quarter from Led Zeppelin and Martin just did fast arpegios

also would like to mention mike played the intro to benighted... got me all excited, but it wasn't even their next song... god he was hilarious

Some Drunk: "SHOW US YOUR COCK"
Mike in his fucking awesome Swedish accent: "Well the thing is I haven't changed my underwear since I left Sweden.... It's probably not there anymore!":lol:

holy shit i was talking to you for a little bit. and i just saw you at paganfest last night. you were with that blonde haired dude at both concerts right?

and yeah the portland show was killler.i practically broke my nose in the stupid pit though...haha someone kept yelling "play bloodbath!"

Yeah, Per's solo was from No Quarter. Pretty good, like he knows the song and wasn't just screwing around at it.

Except for smoke breaks downstairs in the "Grill" between sets, I hid out all night in the balcony .. y'know, where the beer is. The pit looked pretty kickass, wish I could still do that. Sound seemed good up there, better than what I remember it being when they played the Crystal during the GR tour a few years ago. Also sounded better than when I was there a couple weeks ago for Apocalyptica, wonder if it was a different guy behind the board.

It just ain't the same without Bassplayer's hair though...

I'm from Vancouver, BC.
I actually had a ticket to this show - as well as their show here.
I fully intended to go, but in the end, 6 hours of driving - plus the cavity search at customs - made me stay home. Don't think I don't regret it now, especially after seeing them in Vancouver. Wow - what an amazing show that was....

Quite a good show. I drove down from the Seattle area to catch the off-date :Smug: Opeth played 1 hr 40 mins, 9 songs.

setlist: (might be slightly out of order)
demon of the fall
masters
baying of the hounds
in my time of need
serenity painted death
wreath
to rid the disease
heir apparent
drapery falls (encore)

time to get some sleep.

awesome set list, i am glad they have dropped tNatSW from the last tour as although it sounds good on the roundhouse tapes, its pretty boring when you are there live (compared to numerous other upbeat tracks they could play) IMO. weeping moon worked really well on the last tour, but really its a novelty, there are newer tracks with more energy than these two and it seems they are choosing these and making the right decidion. wreath should now be live staple as it absolutely crushes. to rid the disease is a top damnation track i would welcome hearing it again.

the perfect setlist for me would be:

demon of the fall
wreath
serenity painted death
closure
ghost of perdition
leper affinity
deliverance
heir apparent

encore: BWP (has the perfect ending for the final curtain)

intensity of that set would make me spaff right down my trouser legs.