Visit site
Opeth's setlist:
Master's Apprentices
Baying of the Hounds
In my Time of Need
Wreath
Heir Apparent
Drapery Falls

Opeth was my personal highlight of the night, wreath in particular. Whole set was great though. It wasn't the longest but it still left me satisfied. Awesome show.

i know, the sound there is just as good as any other well built concert hall. let me just say that pricing and sitting down were the bigger issues. i'm hoping for a proper headlining watershed tour sometime later this year at the house of blues.

Opeth was awesome!

We had some pretty shitty seats up on the side of the balcony where the sound was terrible. Before Opeth came on though we all moved to back row center. It was much better :)

i was there. i had seats on stage right, about half way back, but managed to sneak up to front row, center. great show. great sound, great lighting

Half the setlist Deliverance and Damnation songs :erk:

They need to stand out. None of their albums resemble any of the other bands on the Prog. Nation tour, but the one big thing that sets Opeth apart from the others is how heavy they are. - That's right Mike, you're fat.

JK

Mike said that he was going to make a setlist that showcased the one thing that, in his opinion, they could do better than DT. I personally think there are quite a few things they do better, but heavy was the way to go. No one there could touch them on brutality and being heavy.

Master's Apprentices - Heavy
Baying of the Hounds - Heavy, and I also think Portnoy asked if they could play this one
In my Time of Need- To get groupies
Wreath - Heavy
Heir Apparent - Heavy + new
Drapery Falls - They'd be lynched by half of the crowd if they didn't play it

I would have rather heard To Rid the Disease or Harvest in place of In My Time of Need, and I personally would have preferred Bleak or something off of Still life instead of Drapery Falls, but they kicked a** when i saw them in LA, and to me there really can't be a bad set list for them, I like almost all of the songs on all of their albums.

Yeah that makes sense. Just reminded me of Lamentations a lot. Like I'd love to hear Wreath live but more as a rarity bonus rather than on a short setlist. It's funny, when I first saw Opeth I was dying for Drapery Falls but these days not so much. If they played a gig with only Orchid-Still Life songs I'd be quite fine with that.

At the same time why am I judging a setlist? When you're there and in the zone I'm sure anything would be more than spectacular.