RC March Madness Final Results

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
By my final count, it's Bathory 21, Agalloch 18. Just in case there's any disputes, here's who I counted as voting for each band:

Agalloch
Ellestin
Dev
spaffe
Nathe the Great
General Zod
Dark One
Black Winter Day
Opeth17
Chaostar
One Inch Man
Marksveld
Allure of the Earth
circus_brimstone
Thanatopsis123
Demonspell
Atlas Shrugged
Carbonized

Bathory
IOfTheStorm
fotmbm
Henrik Main
Decadent
J.
Erik
Int
Crimson Velvet
Demilich
JayKeeley
lurch70
En Vind Av Sorg
MajestikMøøse
Ayeka
Pyrus
KILL TULLY
Random Beard
Gallantry over Docility
Lutz
Vilden

True to my word, I'm now boycotting RC for the next 73 minutes.

Zod

General Zod said:
By my final count, it's Bathory 21, Agalloch 18. Just in case there's any disputes, here's who I counted as voting for each band:

Females
Ellestin
Dev
spaffe
Nathe the Great
General Zod
Dark One
Black Winter Day
Opeth17
Chaostar
One Inch Man
Marksveld
Allure of the Earth
circus_brimstone
Thanatopsis123
Demonspell
Atlas Shrugged
Carbonized

Males
IOfTheStorm
fotmbm
Henrik Main
Decadent
J.
Erik
Int
Crimson Velvet
Demilich
JayKeeley
lurch70
En Vind Av Sorg
MajestikMøøse
Ayeka
Pyrus
KILL TULLY
Random Beard
Gallantry over Docility
Lutz
Vilden

True to my word, I'm now boycotting RC for the next 73 minutes.

Zod
:)

The chromosome battle finally came to an end... Which reminds me: I've never seen a single post on this board by the four last Bathory-voters :err:

I'm thinking about launching a similar contest based on albums. Just got to reflect on the procedure in order not to make it tedious. Hold your breath.

Erik said:
How about a ranked list of all the bands, sorted by number of votes etc? :p
Waaaaaayyyy too much work. If I had to guess, I would say that Bathory received the most votes. For starters, they obviously had a greater opportunity to amass the largest number of votes, having made it to the finals. But also, they dominated their competition in many of the early rounds.

Honestly, I'm quite stunned that Bathory won this little tournament, for a few reasons:

1. I would have bet an old school band would have prevailed. Someone like Sabbath or Maiden.

2. Bathory, with the execption of Quorthon's passing, doesn't generate a lot of board talk.

3. Quite honestly, I just don't see the attraction. There are plenty of RC-hyped bands, that I don't like. But generally speaking, I recognize why I don't like them. Perhaps they're too brutal for my tastes. Or perhaps I just don't care for their style (anything Doom would be a good example). However, there's nothing about Bathory that would preclude me from enjoying their music. But the bottom line is, I just don't think they're very good. Maybe if I had heard their CDs when they were first released, instead of 10 years later, I'd feel differently.

Zod

Crimson Velvet said:
Woooo! :kickass:

Take that, emo-Agalloch!

Dude, Quorthon can be pretty emo at times too!

"The wild cold deep black ocean's waves
Invite my hungry heart
Cry not my love I'll return
Only death can keep us apart"

Demilich said:
Dude, Quorthon can be pretty emo at times too!

"The wild cold deep black ocean's waves
Invite my hungry heart
Cry not my love I'll return
Only death can keep us apart"

:tickled:

Yeah, but the testoreron level of the average Bathory song is still far above that of the average Agalloch song. And of course, that is what quality is measured in. :Spin:

Honestly, I'm quite stunned that Bathory won this little tournament, for a few reasons:

1. I would have bet an old school band would have prevailed.

:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#

Erik said:
:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#:#)=()=#¤()#
I have no clue what this means.

Zod