Re-Amping/Mixing/Mastering needed ( $$$ / €€€ ) – Style: Paramore/Evanescence

sounds pretty good on my laptop speakers Ermz.............i'd love to get hold of the tracks. Can someone put them up again pwease! ;-)

Hey guys, sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I'm really busy atm so I haven't been able to check back to the forum over the last months.

Anyway, here's the final version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2075327/GoodWillOut/Paranoid-Download/GoodWillOut-Paranoid.mp3

Mastered by John McCaig at panicStudios in Seattle, Washington (www.panicstudios.com)

Sorry, I don't have the compiled zip-File anymore and the original tracks aren't around my place either. :erk:

Thanks for all the interest and once again: Thank you to everybody who took part in this! :wave:

Sounds really good, congrats!
The mastered version is rounder, smoother and more homogeneous, with some serious low-end (I'm actually wondering if there's too much).

Apart from one little click we didn't require any changes to the master even though they would have been free. Make sure to check out John's services if you need something done for dirt cheap and fast as hell (sent him the song in the morning, had it back by the time i got home from work.).

There's a bit of tearing going on from the limiting/compression (especially during the choruses), but aside from that it's a rounder and more refined presentation of the mix. Cool! Glad to finally hear the finished product.

Oh and again great work on this, Ermz! The mastering engineer was probably happy too work on your mix. BTW, did you think of all the extra effects/delays/etc. ? They sound pretty cool, the band must be stoked.

Hey, thanks & yeah I did most of the delay/fx and the loop sample/sounds during the verses. I didn't add anything musically apart from the loop itself though -the performances and note choice were all the band's. It was part of the deal, as the song was fairly bare bones and Headcrusher wanted someone to flesh it out a little bit with production. He was keen on using 'fake' melodyne harmonies as were done by a few folks on here, but it was ultimately a little too fake/cheap sounding on this mix, so we really kept it minimal. In fact I think it was only one line that was harmonized in the end.

The delay at the end 'jumps' in volume, and I couldn't work out why, as it only happened on exports, and not in the DAW. Turns out Soundtoys plug-ins have issues with automation in Cubase or something. So unprofessional! In fact the entire process of doing this song was riddled with all kinds of issues and errors. I've never had so many software failures and crashes in my life! Reformatted right after, upgrading everything to Windows 7. Looking back, I'm kind of amazed that I didn't lose the entire mix at some point or other.

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and its been perfect thusfar, you will like the switch.

Sorry Ermz, I thought I sent you the final version. Must have missed that. In fact there were two parts harmonized (check the second Verse).
It's been on the radio since Monday. As I expected they cut off the Intro to the point where the band kicks in. Also they fade out like after the second delay or so in the end. So it doesn't really matter that it goes up in volume again. :)