Re-Amping/Mixing/Mastering needed ( $$$ / €€€ ) – Style: Paramore/Evanescence

here is my attempt.
i think i took a different approach ;-)
changed a lot of things, that i thought gave the song more of a flow and pro quality.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=885205&content=songinfo&songID=8126295

there is still a lot of work to do, but i think for the first impression, this should work!
Wow man, that sounds very interesting! :OMG: Kudos to your production skills. :worship: Gotta love Melodyne, ha? :lol: The only negative thing that comes to my mind is the Snare sounding a little 'boxy' but other than that I like this version very much!
Is there any chance you can host an MP3 for me to download? I'd like to check the mix on other systems and in my car as well. Feel free to add peeps or whatever to watermark if you will.

EDIT: After listening a few times I'd like the guitars a tad louder in the Chorus but that's an easy fix. And I can't quite figure out what's going on in the Solo apart from the Solo itself. Are there some Vocals is well or what kind of effect is that?
I just set up a dropbox thing so I have no idea if it works or not :p

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2090994/paranoid.mp3

It's all virtual and I'm pleasantly surprised with how it tunred out :) seeing as the guitar tones are all podfarm pre-sets :p
Your Dropbox works fine. The PodFarm stuff is fine but the Hats/Cymbals do have a little bit too much air for my taste. Bass is nice also.
Raised the vox a tad and added some strings at the end:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/929252/Paranoid Mix 3-01 (M).mp3
Sounds good to me. Strings are nice. Thanks man.
Thanks for your feedback - here is a new ( more central! ) mix - and yea i agree about the hh with fresh ears today lol so have lowered it also. I found this project/forum through MetalJonesy ( post above! ), we share a ( noisy ) house haaaaa.

here's the new track - http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1259030/PAR MASTER 3A.mp3

Let me know any other changes/production you would like and i'll be happy to tweak!

traaaa
Thanks mate. That's fine for now. Once we have settled on a person to do the Final mix we can fix the little details.

Wow man, that sounds very interesting! :OMG: Kudos to your production skills. :worship: Gotta love Melodyne, ha? :lol: The only negative thing that comes to my mind is the Snare sounding a little 'boxy' but other than that I like this version very much!
Is there any chance you can host an MP3 for me to download? I'd like to check the mix on other systems and in my car as well. Feel free to add peeps or whatever to watermark if you will.

EDIT: After listening a few times I'd like the guitars a tad louder in the Chorus but that's an easy fix. And I can't quite figure out what's going on in the Solo apart from the Solo itself. Are there some Vocals is well or what kind of effect is that?

hey mate!

thanks. i love the chorus like this, hehe.

yeah, i will do remix, because the snare is exactly what gave me headaches. i did this from 11 - 5 o clock, after editing 10 hours in a row :)

just gimme the time to do a "fresh ear revision" ;-)

Hey dcb dude, cool production work! You took time to flesh the track out like it needed, good stuff.

Okay Headcrusher I'm getting scared that you're probably nearing your deadline and I haven't had time to do the full edited, automated mix, so here is a snippet of my current rough mix in progress, which will hopefully do until I can get the entire thing in: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/285689/ermz-headcrusher-demo.mp3

Apologies again for the lack of refinement and automation. That mix doesn't have any verb at all, nor does it have everything delayed, nor even processed to sit, hahah. It truly is just a 'flip and go', with me trying to match the general tonality of Paramore's newest on the fly.

Great stuff so far though and as said, you really have your work cut out for you :)

Okay Headcrusher I'm getting scared that you're probably nearing your deadline and I haven't had time to do the full edited, automated mix, so here is a snippet of my current rough mix in progress, which will hopefully do until I can get the entire thing in: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/285689/ermz-headcrusher-demo.mp3

Apologies again for the lack of refinement and automation. That mix doesn't have any verb at all, nor does it have everything delayed, nor even processed to sit, hahah. It truly is just a 'flip and go', with me trying to match the general tonality of Paramore's newest on the fly.
Thanks man! I know you have a lot of work and I really appreciate that you're taking time out for this.

About the deadline please see the end of this post.
Great stuff so far though and as said, you really have your work cut out for you :)
Well I don't know what that phrase means and I couldn't find a translation for it either or if it was even directed towards me. But since you but a smiley at the end of it I hope it's something good. :)
cool - i'll keep checking back, ya gotta a lot to choose from haaa - i don't envy ya job! traaaa - Tommie Vox
Ya, well, can't really say I'm looking forward to the decision... So many great mixes here... :headbang:
I know I'm late but here's my try, was fun to mix ;)
(Still a lot stuff to fix especially the vocals but anyhow...)

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/915948/paranoid.mp3
Thanks mate. Don't worry about the details. Some little things will always have to be fixed. We definitely get the vibe of your mix and that's all that matters for now. :)

Ok guys, this has been up for a week now. As Ermz assumed we are nearing our deadline. This needs to be finished by the 8th of October (including Mastering). So please let me know if anybody is still working on their mixes and how much more time you'll need.

If that's ok for everyone I will set the deadline for mix-submissions to Friday, 6 pm (GMT+1). Let me know if that's enough for you guys. Especially Ermz. Since you started to work on the project now I definitely want to give you the chance to finish it.

Thank you all!

Cheers for the heads up about the deadline. I realized that I probably couldn't fit in a whole mix with the tracking sessions that are on now, hence why you have a 'sampler' there. I would love a chance to sit here and automate everything and edit it up, but the reality is I probably won't get a chance to, so I hope for now the sampler at least gives you an approximate idea of what things would look like. Not ideal, but better than nothing!

Before I meant that you've had a lot of good submissions, so it's probably going to be a hard job to pick a 'winner' so to speak.

Hey dcb dude, cool production work! You took time to flesh the track out like it needed, good stuff.

thanks mate! hehe, btw my name is danny, but danny was already taken when i joined this amazing place ;-)

i was so busy working on the musical information, that i totally lost
my drumsound :-( currently working on a remix with a fat bendeth style drumkit.

That snare and kick are dated....Let me do it, I will give you some new drum sounds!! you wont believe your ears.

I'm wondering, just how many people are going to use the Paramore SNR and/or kick?

=D

The song DEFINITELY needs a producers 'touch' to make it something that will catch the listeners ear on the radio. As it stands, IMO, it's just not quite developed enough.

I had a few spare moments so I finished my mix. It's still not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it now. Here's the non-mastered version: http://tainted-studio.com/misc/Paranoid Final TaintedStudio.mp3

And here's a very, very rough master just in case: http://tainted-studio.com/misc/Paranoid Final Mastered TaintedStudio.mp3

As always, any feedback is much appreciated :)
Thanks man! The mix sounds good. Missing a few Toms I think but that's an easy fix once a version is chosen. Deadline is tommorrow so decision-time is close. ;)
thanks mate! hehe, btw my name is danny, but danny was already taken when i joined this amazing place ;-)

i was so busy working on the musical information, that i totally lost
my drumsound :-( currently working on a remix with a fat bendeth style drumkit.
Cool, can't wait to hear your Production in a slamming mix! :worship:

Ok guys, one more day... :)

FYI, even if I'm not chosen to mix the songs, I'd love to get a copy of all the tracks to mix, my little three year old girl LOVES the first song. I picked her up at daycare yesterday and she was singing along with it in my truck when it came up on my iPhone yesterday. In tune I might add! ;)

Thanks man! The mix sounds good. Missing a few Toms I think but that's an easy fix once a version is chosen. Deadline is tommorrow so decision-time is close. ;)

Thanks a lot! Sure, I've got next week almost completely free, so I'll have plenty of time to fine-tune the mix and fix whatever is wrong (there's quite a bit of automation etc. I didn't have time to do) in case I get the gig :)

FYI, even if I'm not chosen to mix the songs, I'd love to get a copy of all the tracks to mix, my little three year old girl LOVES the first song. I picked her up at daycare yesterday and she was singing along with it in my truck when it came up on my iPhone yesterday. In tune I might add! ;)
Aah that's cute. :) Maybe you can re-track the Vocals with her? ;)
I'm afraid I can't give you more tracks since there is only the one I already posted. However sooner or later more recording sessions might take place.

Aah that's cute. :) Maybe you can re-track the Vocals with her? ;)
I'm afraid I can't give you more tracks since there is only the one I already posted. However sooner or later more recording sessions might take place.

If I could get her to sit still long enough to do it, I might!

She occasionally sits on the couch in the studio with a 57 and sings along to tunes. :)

Ok guys, I got some last-minute submissions here on this thread and via PM. Every mix I received before I wrote this post will be considered and handed over to the band. Thanks so much everybody!

No comes decision-time... :erk: I'll keep you posted.