Re-Amping/Mixing/Mastering needed ( $$$ / €€€ ) – Style: Paramore/Evanescence

I'm wondering, just how many people are going to use the Paramore SNR and/or kick?

=D

The song DEFINITELY needs a producers 'touch' to make it something that will catch the listeners ear on the radio. As it stands, IMO, it's just not quite developed enough.

I definitely agree. I feel like the intro/khorus beat sounds very amateur as well as lot of the komposition on the guitars. I'm not trying to be offensive. I think the performane is good, but it's not earth shattering as a song to me.

I started to mix it 1 hour ago, I'll probably change a lot of things to the song since I have a ton of ideas for the song, I don't know if you'll like it though =P. I'll try to have a rough mix with my ideas by friday.

I started to mix it 1 hour ago, I'll probably change a lot of things to the song since I have a ton of ideas for the song, I don't know if you'll like it though =P. I'll try to have a rough mix with my ideas by friday.
I'll try to get a mix done on Friday
Downloading now, I'll give it a shot.
Downloading!
Looking forward to hear your mixes guys. :)
I definitely agree. I feel like the intro/khorus beat sounds very amateur as well as lot of the komposition on the guitars. I'm not trying to be offensive. I think the performane is good, but it's not earth shattering as a song to me.
No offense taken. I think it's a good song but it's certainly not going to redefine a pop-standard or anything. ;) However the mix is even more important. It needs to sound great on the radio to stand a chance against other songs in the playlist that were produced with the help of million-$-producers...
getting out of rough stage now

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1610178/paramix1.mp3

opinions from anyone is hugely appreciated, and headcrusher, my work is free since i just do this as a hobby
the DIs was great btw
I think there are still some toms missing in the Intro section. I like the new Hihat samples in the Chorus. I think it could be a little lower in volume though. In the middle of the second Verse the Hihats don't line up with the Kick drum correctly. Vocals could be a little loud in general I'd say.
Good job, thanks for updating the Mix!
Haven't started mixing yet. VERY rough mix. I'll update it later.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8106253
Sounds good so far! At some point I'm going to need an MP3 download of your Mix (Soundclick won't let me download...) to be able to give it to the band and also to check the mix on different systems.
I'm glad you like it :)
You're right about the toms, I've got it sorted out in the new version. Also, I agree on what you've said about the levels, though to be honest adjusting instrument levels is the easiest thing as long as you have a solid mix.

Here's a revised mix
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1891957/Shadow_Walker - Paranoid mix_revised.mp3

As for the individual tracks I think everything's ok.

BTW, this is probably the first time I've edited vocals for pronunciation. I replaced the 'z' in 'jealousy' with an 's' because it was really bugging me. I could always bring it back of course. :saint:
Yeah, you're right, adjusting instrument levels isn't too much of a problem. :) I just thought I'd give you some feedback.
Thanks for the updated mix!
I didn't notice anything strange about the 'z's or 's's. But thanks for going into that.
The piano Intro/Outro reminds me Metallica's 'Orion'. Cool stuff. :)
Oh and btw, can you please do something about the kick? It really sounds very much like the EZdrummer kick which is really bugging me. :dopey:
About the DI's they sound good to me, Some places where the guitar's should ringout are cut of very sudden which makes a really annoying sound.
Now that's strange... :rolleyes: I left more Guitar audio in there than was needed exactly for that NOT to happen. Have you checked the Info document? There's a section in there that's talking about that kind of stuff.

Yeah, your packaging of these tracks is very nice. A lot more pro and complete than a lot of people have done in the past.

I'll also agree that the song needs a lot of production work, but that's best done at the tracking phase. There is only so much people can toy with now, after the fact. I unfortunately don't have the time since I'm producing a full-length, but if a simple mix is enough, I'll try to get onto that ASAP (after i stop being lazy, I promise).

Been interesting to hear the mixes so far guys :)

Thanks man. I was trying to do my best with the package. After all I'm asking a lot from guys doing the test-mixes and all. So the least I can do is provide you with a nice set of tracks. I'm sorry I couldn't give you real drum tracks. But the project came up real quick and needed to be done asap as this might be airing by the middle of October. Maybe there'll be real drums next time.

I simple mix is definitely enough for now.

Once the band has chosen a mix we could go into the Production-side of things a little more together with the Mixer. There is still time to track some additional Guitar Tracks for example.

HeadCrusher, i used that other drum map this time, so i think all toms are there but maby they got drowned in the mix, since a friend i showed it for before i posted here said i had the toms and vocals were way to loud, maby probably put it down to much since i was tired, i have very cheap monitors also so i have no idea how it sounds like for you :) just got good headphones but they are harder to judge levels on

downloading right now :)
i'm kinda busy with finishing our own full length, but this will get any spare time left - really cool style

Oh and btw, can you please do something about the kick? It really sounds very much like the EZdrummer kick which is really bugging me. :dopey:

Yeah, I'll definitely change the kick and I'll also reamp the guitars through my amp this time. I'll probably do something about the snare as well.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll make a new version as soon as I have some time (I'm finishing 2 full-legnths and a single, recording one EP and mixing another one :loco:)

ive just done some reamps this morning before i realised this post!! DOH!! im downloading it now, gnna have a listen through and hopefully get some reamps done tomorrow afternoon!! ill give it to my mate aswell, as i rekon he could do a good job at this style!