Re-Amping/Mixing/Mastering needed ( $$$ / €€€ ) – Style: Paramore/Evanescence

did my final version ( for now :p ) i actually think its one of the best mixes ive done ( dont laugh :) )
any comments appriciated

got a new idea for the intro also which i thought was pretty cool :headbang:

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1610178/JKfinalpara.mp3
Nice one! I like this a lot better than the first one. The only negative thing that comes to my mind is the Piano. It sounds really 'narrow' (if that makes sense :loco:) and has too little sustain for my taste.
I'll give this a shot this weekend... I already have some ideas...
ive just done some reamps this morning before i realised this post!! DOH!! im downloading it now, gnna have a listen through and hopefully get some reamps done tomorrow afternoon!! ill give it to my mate aswell, as i rekon he could do a good job at this style!
downloading right now :)
i'm kinda busy with finishing our own full length, but this will get any spare time left - really cool style
iull have a look as soon as poss
Awesome, I'll try to get a mix going this weekend then. Looking forward to it. Real amp tracks would've been great, but impulses will have to do for now!

(Flashes Guitarhack symbol in the sky)
Can't wait! :)
I just noticed that, so I tried something out, but was too lazy to do the extension for the second chorus too :p

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1338211/paranoid_ahjteam_v2.mp3
I'm not sure if the band would be ok with that but it sure is a radical approach to this song considering the given tracks and the differences to the Demo version. Congrats.
Now that's an interesting sound for the Lead Guitars! :headbang: I also like how the distorted guitars aren't 'over-gained' and how the Vocals sit nicely on top of everything. However I think the whole mix could use a little more high-end.
Reamped guitars, new kick, slightly different snare and a few minor changes:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1891957/Shadow_Walker - Paranoid mix_reamped.mp3
Thanks, now that kick is better. :) You've got a great mix here but I'm not sure if it's not a little bit too much 'Metal' for this kind of music.
big thumbs up for the good and clear documentation and track naming :kickass: will give it a shot shortly
As I said earlier: It's the least I can do.
Rough mix here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1436721/Paranoid.mp3
I didn't edit some parts but I think it turned out pretty good.
It did indeed. This is going to be a very though decision!
Here's my first mix Click mej

Pretty satisfied with it :) Delay in the intro might be a little too much and the drums in the 2nd verse are too soft. Hope you guys enjoy and give me some comments :)
I definitely enjoy your mix. All the pieces fit together really well. I wish I could give you more comments but there isn't really anything I would change at this point (Ok, maybe the Piano-Delay... ;) ). Good job!

Guys, let me just say I'm overwhelmed by the mixes so far! We could basically use any one of these and be done with it. They are all that good.

One thing I’ve been missing though in mostly all of the mixes is the Bass Guitar. I mean there is enough low-end in all if them. It's just that I'd like to be able to hear what the Bass Guitar is actually playing a little bit better. But it's not a major problem or anything. Just personal preference and I thought I'd share that with you.

On a side note the Band that wrote this song is currently running for 'MySpace Featured Artist'. They were chosen by the promoters of the popular music show 'The Dome' to compete against ten other bands in a User Voting. Ultimately they could win a slot in the lineup of the shows next installment which happens to take place in their hometown. So if you are willing to help them out feel free to vote for them, they are called Good Will Out:

http://www.myspace.com/myspacebandradar

(You can vote once a day per MySpace-Account for the whole next week.)

I'm not sure if the band would be ok with that but it sure is a radical approach to this song considering the given tracks and the differences to the Demo version. Congrats.

Well, you wanted it to sound like Evanescence... That is the closest you can get it to My Immortal with still sounding like you. :saint:

It's just that I'd like to be able to hear what the Bass Guitar is actually playing a little bit better

You must be a bass player? ;) I can hear the bass very well with both speakers and headphones in both of my versions, but I don't want to hear the clickety clack, because it takes sonic space from the guitars and vocals, and it also reveals that not that well played :Smug:

Nice one! I like this a lot better than the first one. The only negative thing that comes to my mind is the Piano. It sounds really 'narrow' (if that makes sense :loco:) and has too little sustain for my taste.

:kickass:, will change to the provided piano tomorrow, havent tried it out yet :p , also will see if i can get a better guitar tone just for some fun :) ( and lack of other things to do)

You've got a great mix here but I'm not sure if it's not a little bit too much 'Metal' for this kind of music.

Fair enough. I think the kick might have something to do with this conclusion and the fact that the mix is perhaps pretty clear and in your face. It would be helpful for me to know exactly what makes my mix too metal, apart from me liking metal, that is :)

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1062640/Steve/paranoid.mp3

I kinda want to put this initial mix on to see if dropbox is working. Not sure if I did this right let me know if the link works I placed in public folder.

I just started this mix but just wanted to get some feedback before I do a little more. My notes are I used a damn mono plug on the vocal bus by accident soooo but other than that how is it?

I havent touched a lot of stuff yet mainly just drums, and vocals in the 1st verse. Other stuff was just quickie

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1062640/Steve/paranoid.mp3

I kinda want to put this initial mix on to see if dropbox is working. Not sure if I did this right let me know if the link works I placed in public folder.

I just started this mix but just wanted to get some feedback before I do a little more. My notes are I used a damn mono plug on the vocal bus by accident soooo but other than that how is it?

I havent touched a lot of stuff yet mainly just drums, and vocals in the 1st verse. Other stuff was just quickie
Sounding good so far I'd say! Dropbox works just fine btw.
here is my first mix. i didn't mess with the drum loop yet because i am unsure of what i want from it. i still have some edits to do as well and i just faded out the end because i didn't get to it yet.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/532311/odog Paranoid Zed.mp3
The Hihat sounds a little static (yeah, I know it's programmed so it more or less has to...) and please stick to the original Kick/Snare pattern. Other than that I'd say we have another great mix in the pool. :)
Fair enough. I think the kick might have something to do with this conclusion and the fact that the mix is perhaps pretty clear and in your face. It would be helpful for me to know exactly what makes my mix too metal, apart from me liking metal, that is :)
Yeah, maybe it's the Kick. Being in the face and clear isn't really a Metal-only trademark and definitely something we'd want for the final mix as well.
Maybe it's the guitars as well. They are kind of sounding like a Rectifier set for extreme Metal too me. (I know you've got that Custom Amp, just used the Rectifier to illustrate my point.)
:kickass:, will change to the provided piano tomorrow, havent tried it out yet :p , also will see if i can get a better guitar tone just for some fun :) ( and lack of other things to do)
Hell yeah, thanks for all that enthusiasm. :)
Well, you wanted it to sound like Evanescence... That is the closest you can get it to My Immortal with still sounding like you. :saint:
Haha, well, good point. But after all the song isn't a Piano ballad per se so... ;)
Oh and btw, while the song might have an Evanescence-feel to it the sound should definitely go more into the direction of Paramore.
You must be a bass player? ;) I can hear the bass very well with both speakers and headphones in both of my versions, but I don't want to hear the clickety clack, because it takes sonic space from the guitars and vocals, and it also reveals that not that well played :Smug:
No, I'm not the Bass player. ;)

Is there a general consensus that the bass-playing isn't too good on these tracks? I mean I fix one timing issue in the tracks I uploaded but other than that I thought i was fine. Have to convince the Bass player to use a thicker pick though.

Is there a general consensus that the bass-playing isn't too good on these tracks? I mean I fix one timing issue in the tracks I uploaded but other than that I thought i was fine. Have to convince the Bass player to use a thicker pick though.

They are ok, but there is no passion or groove and are a lot of small but easily heard errors (like ringing strings etc). Some of the errors I spotted: 0:26.7, 0:35.6, 0:53.2, 1:11.1, 1:24.3, 1:33.2, 1:42.1, 1:45.5, 2:13.0, 2:30.8, 2:48.6, 2:55.5

edit: I checked it from Melodyne, no wonder it doesn't groove. It only plays E C G F# loop for the whole song damn.

Oh and btw, while the song might have an Evanescence-feel to it the sound should definitely go more into the direction of Paramore.

Then why is the song sang, played and arranged more into the direction of Evanescence and not Paramore? It's hard to make something out of something that it isn't.

Thats kinda like a hardrock band comes in and says that they want to sound like a random blackmetal band. You can try, but it's just not happening if the songs don't have what it takes to sound like blackmetal.

PS: Also real recorded drums would've made the cymbals sound a lot better.