Re-Amping/Mixing/Mastering needed ( $$$ / €€€ ) – Style: Paramore/Evanescence

Well here is my first attempt, will post a few updates.

Things you should know I will edit before listening:
Vocs are a bit to loud
Some drum parts arent correct yet
snare is a bit irritating
this all a.k.a: not settisfied yet but will update.

www.mendelb.com/P.mp3

let me know what you think please :)

I definitely enjoy your mix. All the pieces fit together really well. I wish I could give you more comments but there isn't really anything I would change at this point (Ok, maybe the Piano-Delay... ). Good job!

I should take that as a huge compliment then , thanks! :)

I did a minor update, and you can find it here the delay has been taken care of ;) Added a little more low end and lowered the drums slightly cos i thought the might be sounding a little overpowering at first but i'm not to sure about it, i'll listen again tomorrow.

The girl looks pretty nice too!

Arg, I keep meaning to start this but wake up in the afternoon and lose half the day! I'll trigger the drums tonight and get started on all of it tomorrow (provided I can stop being a slob long enough).

Cool mixes so far.

I should take that as a huge compliment then , thanks! :)

I did a minor update, and you can find it here the delay has been taken care of ;) Added a little more low end and lowered the drums slightly cos i thought the might be sounding a little overpowering at first but i'm not to sure about it, i'll listen again tomorrow.

The girl looks pretty nice too!
Yeah, it was definitely meant as a compliment. :) Thanks for the changes. We can see were your mix would take the song very well.
Well here is my first attempt, will post a few updates.

Things you should know I will edit before listening:
Vocs are a bit to loud
Some drum parts arent correct yet
snare is a bit irritating
this all a.k.a: not settisfied yet but will update.

www.mendelb.com/P.mp3

let me know what you think please :)
Yeah the snare is a little thin. Other than I think it's cool that you took care of some drum improvements. Not sure if the band will want all of them but this is about the mix anyway so we can talk about that once a mixer has been chosen. Thanks.
My mix: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2078401/paranoid.mp3

The drums are sounding tad tacky (esp cymbals) because I didn't feel like editing them any more than I had to.
Thanks for you mix man. The kick is a bit dominant and there a loads of clicks all over the place. The rest sounds good though. :)
Here's my NOT MASTERED mix: http://tainted-studio.com/misc/Paranoid TaintedStudio.mp3

I can do basic mastering, but thought I'd post a not mastered version if the band wants to to get the mastering done somewhere else.

Nice track and excellent documentation!
Yeah, not mastering the track is fine. It was the plan to get it mastered separately anyway. I think that's another great mix. Maybe the snare could be a little more up front. I love the guitars (just the right amount of gain) and the kick (normally I like the more klicky type but this one just fits the song very well). Thanks man!
Hey - Just finished a quick Master of your track -

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1259030/PAR MASTER 2.mp3

Nice track! Kind Regards - Tommie Vox
Wow, this one has a really wide stereo-image. :OMG: Maybe a little too wide? The Hihat is a little too dominant imo. I love that you took the effort to re-record the solo. :worship:
BTW: Since you just signed-up for this one post - How did you find out about it?
Maybe up the vocals a bit. The rest is fine. :)
Here's my try:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/317666/Paranoid-MIX02-mp3.mp3

I changed some parts and deleted some parts too, I think the intro was way too long. Most songs that play on radio have vocals entering before MAX 25 seconds, and 25 seconds is a lot. In my version they start around 21 sec I think. But anyway, you're the judge :)
The clean guitars in the Verses are a little harsh maybe (if that's the right word to describe it...). Love the bass sound and the rest of the mix.
WHERE DID MY SOLO GO??? :OMG:
:heh:
Here is my take. Missing some finishing touches, like fades, but you get the idea.

My version
I sure do and I like what I'm hearing. Maybe some high-end is missing here (especially on the vocals) though.
my mates doing a sweet production on this as we speak!
Can't wait to hear that.
so heres my real final :p (unless theres something you dont like :) ) , changed the piano and the mic position for the guitars a bit

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1610178/JKfinalparanoid.mp3
That's all we need by now man! Mix is great, if yours is chosen we'll work out the small details.

Guys, I really wish I could give you more comments but honestly there isn't a whole lot to comment. Apart from small things here and there all the mixes are great and most bands would be glad to have their songs sound like any of these mixes. This will be a very though decision!

Thank you all for taking the time to do these mixes so far. You guys rock! :headbang:

Thanks for your feedback - here is a new ( more central! ) mix - and yea i agree about the hh with fresh ears today lol so have lowered it also. I found this project/forum through MetalJonesy ( post above! ), we share a ( noisy ) house haaaaa.

here's the new track - http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1259030/PAR MASTER 3A.mp3

Let me know any other changes/production you would like and i'll be happy to tweak!

traaaa

Yeah, not mastering the track is fine. It was the plan to get it mastered separately anyway. I think that's another great mix. Maybe the snare could be a little more up front. I love the guitars (just the right amount of gain) and the kick (normally I like the more klicky type but this one just fits the song very well). Thanks man!

Thanks a lot! Yeah, the snare is very different from the type I normally go for, and of course, it can easily be fixed if required! :)

nice! i will give this a try tonight! are you still interested in mixes ?
this is exactly the style i looove to mix!

where can i get the paramore samples guys??

thanx

ocd-family-guys-buzz-killington-20090605014401901-000.jpg

searchhhh