Re-Amping/Mixing/Mastering needed ( $$$ / €€€ ) – Style: Paramore/Evanescence

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi guys,

since there have been quite a few people who have had their stuff mixed/mastered by guys from this board I'm looking forward to hear this song mixed by you guys.

The band that recorded it needs it as a (local) Radio Single to promote some shows in fall. Due to time/money constraints and band members being sick/not being in the same city some compromises had to be made. So these may not be the best takes ever but who gets those anyway.

Their style goes in the direction of Paramore and Evanescence. Soundwise they are definitely looking for something in the vain of Paramore.

So to everyone who wants to have a go at it: Here are the files for the song.
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1461588/Good Will Out/Paranoid/Paranoid.zip
An info document is included. Please check it out before you start mixing.

Creative input is welcome! If you think your skills as a producer can add to this track you are free to incorporate your ideas into the song. Please see the included info document about that as well.

About Re-Amping: Real amps are great but certainly not a must. As long as it sounds good nobody cares if you used a Marshall practice amp, some VST Plug-In or anything else.

Please post or PM me your mix along with the prize you ask for a 24 Bit / 44.1 kHz Stereo File of your mix.

Once the best Mix has been chosen I'll be looking for someone to master it so make sure to stick around/come back here.

Thanks guys. :)

Just downloaded the files :) will def have a play about with this tomorrow !

alright heres' my first take and before you download here's what i ALREADY KNOW:

1.) Overheads are WAY too loud still
2.) Some automation needs to be done along with guitar tone tweaking
3.) Some overall level adjustments due to fact i couldn't mix on monitors for most part.

Feedback is still definitely welcome lemme know what you think of intro also.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1557284/Paranoid Rough Mix_Master.mp3

Feedback is still definitely welcome lemme know what you think of intro also.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1557284/Paranoid Rough Mix_Master.mp3
Thanks man.
Good idea with the intro. I'd definitely like that on an album. I'm not sure how it would hold up on the radio though. With songs fading into each other and stuff, you know? It might even get edited out by the radio producers since it doesn't feature a beat or vocals and is rather long.

I think the bass drum could use a little more kick and I think a few tom hits might have been lost in the drum-mapping.

Thanks again.
Will check this out for sure.
Just downloaded the files :) will def have a play about with this tomorrow !
Looking forward to hear your mixes gentlemen. :)
Shame that this came 1 day before I have to start work again. I will try to find the time to do it though. Thanks for posting it up. Interested to see what comes of it!
We'll definitely wait a few more days for various mixes so I really hope you'll find the time to do it. I'd love to hear this mixed by you.

I'll do my best mate. Since I was just reamping the guitars for Fragle I went through and reamped these too since it was already set up. Anyway, a band backed out a booking tomorrow so I might have the day free to mix!!

I'm wondering, just how many people are going to use the Paramore SNR and/or kick?

=D

The song DEFINITELY needs a producers 'touch' to make it something that will catch the listeners ear on the radio. As it stands, IMO, it's just not quite developed enough.

The song DEFINITELY needs a producers 'touch' to make it something that will catch the listeners ear on the radio. As it stands, IMO, it's just not quite developed enough.
I agree, a helping hand wouldn't hurt. ;)
Feel free to have a go at it! :)
I might have missed something from the INFO file but I'm pretty happy with how the mix turned out. I hope you will be, as well.
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1891957/Shadow_Walker - Paranoid mix
Great mix man! I like it a lot.
Is that EZdrummer on the drums? I think a few Tom hits might be missing on the fills. Please listen to the included Demo to get the idea.
Maybe the Loops on the verse are a little loud in comparison to the Vocals but I definitely like what you did with them.
In the second half of the second Verse the Overdriven Guitars are too loud imo, kinda burying the Vocals. Even the main Distorted Guitars seem quite when they kick back in.
Again, good job!
Cheers for submitting all the necessary info and files, btw, good job!
Thanks, no problem.
Here's my shot at it.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1520413/Paranoid.mp3

Not Mastered. Will do that If you want to use this :)
I like that one a lot as well. Love the Clean Guitars in the Verse!
Same as above: In the second half of the the second Verse the Overdriven Guitars are too loud imo, kinda burying the Vocals. Even the main Distorted Guitars seem quite when they kick back in.
The Hihat has some nasty high-end to it imo. Maybe it doesn't need to be that loud?
I like the drums for the Outro.
really like the song

this is my first rough mix, so let me know what you like and dont like, and i keep that in mind when i do a final mix
also used a piano intro :p saw now that u didnt like it so much

edit: second rough mix now
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1610178/pararough1.mp3
Another cool mix.
The piano on the Intro could use a little more sustain imo (and maybe some Reverb). Also it could be louder once the Guitars kick in. I like the drum-break or whatever you would call it in the Intro. Cool idea!
Verses are nice. However now that I hear them without a beat it seems like it's missing something... :loco: Maybe add the loop-section quietly in the back?
In the Chorus the Vocals seem a little quiet.
Drums: EZdrummer as well? I think a few Tom hits might be missing on the fills. Please listen to the included Demo to get the idea. Also the Hihat could be opened up a little more in the Chorus. Right now it sounds like it was played almost totally closed.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound negative or anything. I like your mix, these are just a few things that came to my mind.
I'll do my best mate. Since I was just reamping the guitars for Fragle I went through and reamped these too since it was already set up. Anyway, a band backed out a booking tomorrow so I might have the day free to mix!!
Well now that you have reamped the guitars already how could you not do a mix of the song. ;)

General question: What do you guys think about the individual tracks? Are the levels fine for you on the DIs? What about the Bass?

Keep the good stuff coming. :)

Thanks for the comments I will take your opinions and apply them mate:)

About the DI's they sound good to me, Some places where the guitar's should ringout are cut of very sudden which makes a really annoying sound.

Great mix man! I like it a lot.
Is that EZdrummer on the drums? I think a few Tom hits might be missing on the fills. Please listen to the included Demo to get the idea.
Maybe the Loops on the verse are a little loud in comparison to the Vocals but I definitely like what you did with them.
In the second half of the second Verse the Overdriven Guitars are too loud imo, kinda burying the Vocals. Even the main Distorted Guitars seem quite when they kick back in.
Again, good job!

I'm glad you like it :)
You're right about the toms, I've got it sorted out in the new version. Also, I agree on what you've said about the levels, though to be honest adjusting instrument levels is the easiest thing as long as you have a solid mix.

Here's a revised mix
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1891957/Shadow_Walker - Paranoid mix_revised.mp3

As for the individual tracks I think everything's ok.

BTW, this is probably the first time I've edited vocals for pronunciation. I replaced the 'z' in 'jealousy' with an 's' because it was really bugging me. I could always bring it back of course. :saint:

I'm glad you like it :)
You're right about the toms, I've got it sorted out in the new version. Also, I agree on what you've said about the levels, though to be honest adjusting instrument levels is the easiest thing as long as you have a solid mix.

Here's a revised mix
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1891957/Shadow_Walker - Paranoid mix_revised.mp3

As for the individual tracks I think everything's ok.

BTW, this is probably the first time I've edited vocals for pronunciation. I replaced the 'z' in 'jealousy' with an 's' because it was really bugging me. I could always bring it back of course. :saint:

Damn man, that sounds slick. I really like this mix!!!