Re-record?

A re-make of R2R would be wonderful! It has great melodies, they're just pwned by the horrible production, R2R is one of my favourite IF albums, and I would love to see it re-made

They should have done it back in 1999 then, these days Anders vocals would destroy those awesome songs, i'm serious. (or he must growl only, wich i'm sure he can't.)
I think he's proven that he can if he wants too...

Considering 4/5 of people that own Clayman haven't heard World of Promises (which is a cover so who really gives a shit?) I don't think a re-recording is necessary. Maybe Lunar Strain could be re-recorded because it was pretty old school sounding, but current In Flames probably couldn't handle it. Anders sounds like an emo kid yelling at his dad, Jesper and Bjorn's riffage sounds duller than a butterknife, and ASOP is probably the worst production IF have ever conjured up. At least LS sounded kind of majestic. ASOP has production that sounds less heavy than the new White Stripes album...
This may sound crazy, but it's actually possible to change the guitar tone and mastering to give them a heavier sound. And I dunno if you've noticed, but Anders still does a couple growls here and there, so obviously he still can.

A re-make of R2R would be wonderful! It has great melodies, they're just pwned by the horrible production, R2R is one of my favourite IF albums, and I would love to see it re-made

I seriously cannot listen to that album. No matter how I EQ my stereo or ipod, it is almost impossible to tell what's going on. Like the song Transparent. Seriously man, it all sounds like one weird instrument making a terrible weird noise. There's no comparison to how terrible the sound is.

I seriously cannot listen to that album. No matter how I EQ my stereo or ipod, it is almost impossible to tell what's going on. Like the song Transparent. Seriously man, it all sounds like one weird instrument making a terrible weird noise. There's no comparison to how terrible the sound is.

lol agree. shit production.

:lol: Give me three good reasons why they should do it, it's not an old release, the album sucks, and re-record won't sound too different (maybe worst, who knows).

Well, I really dig some of the songs, It's a really good album in fact, if you just cut out metaphor.
An example: The song transparent is actually a good track, if you just take away the horrible production. Also, songs like Trigger, Egonomic and Minus would sound AMAZING with some better production. It would make the album fucking KILLER.

I still think R2R is fine how it is. I don't want it changed (neither is there much point, at this point in time).

But you would'nt mind some better production, right? I mean, it would be a sweet project.
Re-Record the best 10 songs on Reroute to Remain, slap on those 2 un-released songs from ASOP, and record 2 completely new ones. It would make a sweet album.

"Re-Record to Remain" X'D

Umm... I dunno, the production is kind of a part of the album for me, it wouldn't be R2R without it, it'd be something else... something more Claymanish.

Hmm... Maybe, but still, I think a better production would boost the quality of the songs, some of the leads on reroute are amazing, but yet almost never heard due to the muddy production.

Don't you think it's kind of a challenge to try and decipher those leads, though? :D

Well, I really dig some of the songs, It's a really good album in fact, if you just cut out metaphor.
An example: The song transparent is actually a good track, if you just take away the horrible production. Also, songs like Trigger, Egonomic and Minus would sound AMAZING with some better production. It would make the album fucking KILLER.

Correction: filler

Maybe you don't like R2R, but me and many others like it alot.
I really think you would have a different opinion of R2R if it just had a better production. I mean, R2R is pretty much what ASOP was supposed to be, a follow up to Clayman, with great guitar work.
(Am I the only one that thinks In Flames are a bit retarded, saying that ASOP sounds like Clayman in interviews?)

Maybe you don't like R2R, but me and many others like it alot.
I really think you would have a different opinion of R2R if it just had a better production. I mean, R2R is pretty much what ASOP was supposed to be, a follow up to Clayman, with great guitar work.
(Am I the only one that thinks In Flames are a bit retarded, saying that ASOP sounds like Clayman in interviews?)

First of all: I don't mind R2r too much, but an rerecording would be useless, imo.

haha, they'd wish they did. :lol:

Anders probably answerd: ''i started to growl again!!1'' i'm so hardc0re now!!1'' :erk:

I think In Flames have suggested ASOP is the closest to Clayman since it was released, not neccassarily that it sounds just like it.

Yeah, they said in interviews that ASOP sounds the most like Clayman out of all their albums, IMO R2R is alot closer to Clayman in terms of sound.

A re-recording of R2R is at the top of my wishlist now!