Re-record?

wanl07

May 7, 2008
Hey guys, I am sure that you've all noticed how bad the sound is on some of the songs.
Take the album, Clayman, for example. Only for the Weak and Pinball Map are recorded and sound really good. But then World of Promises sounds like crap, seriously! And even some of the songs on newer albums sound bad. Would they ever consider remastering or even re-recording those songs that sound bad?

What the fuck are you talking about?

The only thing I think sounds bad about the mix is the fucking guitar tones (post-clayman, meaning excluding clayman, why the fuck do you think I have this name).

Clayman is a fantastically produced album... world of promises is a bonus track, they aren't going to remaster that. The only album that should be considered for remastering is Lunar Strain, but that won't happen now. The albums are all fine as they are... even Reroute. The muddy production kinda suits it.

Clayman is a fantastically produced album... world of promises is a bonus track, they aren't going to remaster that. The only album that should be considered for remastering is Lunar Strain, but that won't happen now. The albums are all fine as they are... even Reroute. The muddy production kinda suits it.

I'd realy thought it would be great if In flames re recored ''Lunar strain'' back in 1999, probably it won't sound better but still intresting.

Can anyone send me re recorded version of Pinball map and Only for the weak? my msn is colin_poep12@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance! :)

By guitar tones I mean shit above clayman.

Everyone loves Colony/Clayman guitars.
Really Colony/Clayman era was well mixed.

Speaking of Colony, they rerecorded Behind Space and Clad In Shadows. Which is fucking awesome because that's when they were at top notch.

Nuclear Blast's site had a Pinball map with a higher kbps rate than the CD.

Hey guys, I am sure that you've all noticed how bad the sound is on some of the songs.
Take the album, Clayman, for example. Only for the Weak and Pinball Map are recorded and sound really good. But then World of Promises sounds like crap, seriously! And even some of the songs on newer albums sound bad. Would they ever consider remastering or even re-recording those songs that sound bad?
I think the sound is totally fine. World of Promises is not an album track, so who gives a fuck?

Alright, just a proposal!
And just a question...why don't the guys realize that the guitar tones sound so bad sometimes?

And just a question...why don't the guys realize that the guitar tones sound so bad sometimes?

Because...they don't?
See, there's this crazy thing called opinion. You may think a tone sounds good, I may think it sucks. But it's my guitar tone, and you can go fuck yourselves.
In case that confused you, try replacing "I" with "IF"

Besides, the guitar tone is fine.

Bullshit. Clayman had the best guitar sound ever. There's so many threads out their called "the clayman sound" that it's not even funny.

Then again Colony sounded a little bit better sometimes.

Bullshit. Clayman had the best guitar sound ever. There's so many threads out their called "the clayman sound" that it's not even funny.

Then again Colony sounded a little bit better sometimes.

I LOVE the Clayman guitar sounds, it's on R2R where the bass sounds like it's a squeaking mouse the whole time, and it litterally sounds like its been recorded through a tin can. Its muffled and odd-sounding.
I'm not saying that all In Flames music is recorded badly, but surly it could have been better! I don't dislike In Flames. They are one of my favorite bands, like most of us. but I just have an opinion that some of the music has been badly recorded.

I LOVE the Clayman guitar sounds, it's on R2R where the bass sounds like it's a squeaking mouse the whole time, and it litterally sounds like its been recorded through a tin can. Its muffled and odd-sounding.
I'm not saying that all In Flames music is recorded badly, but surly it could have been better! I don't dislike In Flames. They are one of my favorite bands, like most of us. but I just have an opinion that some of the music has been badly recorded.

R2R has the worst production ever, even worse than ASOP. It's not just that bass that sounds muffled and muddy...it's ever aspect of the band. Anders sounds like a dying robot on that album.

I'm not sure a re-record would do much good. The albums that *really* need it are Reroute to Remain, Soundtrack to Your Escape, and Come Clarity. All three of those have muddy recordings and sound like shit overall. The problem is that the songs on those albums would have to be good first to make any difference. Reroute to Remain seems to have some good tracks and isn't a total mess, so maybe re-record that one only. The other two would be better left to go out of print because of how bad they are.

I'm just glad their new one is actually a decent album. It still has their newer inferior sound, but at least the songs SOUND like In Flames again. The happier guitar tones, no fucking muddy drums and guitars, less clean singing, and way more guitar solos make it something I can actually listen to...even if the cover is uber-gay.:erk:

I would be interested in a re-recording of Lunar Strain and Subterranean, just to see how it would sound. The re-recordings of Behind Space and Clad In Shadows were certainly promising.

I would be interested in a re-recording of Lunar Strain and Subterranean, just to see how it would sound. The re-recordings of Behind Space and Clad In Shadows were certainly promising.

They should have done it back in 1999 then, these days Anders vocals would destroy those awesome songs, i'm serious. (or he must growl only, wich i'm sure he can't.)

Considering 4/5 of people that own Clayman haven't heard World of Promises (which is a cover so who really gives a shit?) I don't think a re-recording is necessary. Maybe Lunar Strain could be re-recorded because it was pretty old school sounding, but current In Flames probably couldn't handle it. Anders sounds like an emo kid yelling at his dad, Jesper and Bjorn's riffage sounds duller than a butterknife, and ASOP is probably the worst production IF have ever conjured up. At least LS sounded kind of majestic. ASOP has production that sounds less heavy than the new White Stripes album...