What is it that you don't like about new In Flames?

The Eminem Show is alright... I thought he went downhill after that, Recovery was a big step in the right direction though. Some really great tracks on there. I didn't think Relapse was too bad, the stupid accents just killed it for me. Fair play to him though, at least he admits in Not Afraid that he fucked up in that regard :D

The Eminem Show is alright... I thought he went downhill after that, Recovery was a big step in the right direction though. Some really great tracks on there. I didn't think Relapse was too bad, the stupid accents just killed it for me. Fair play to him though, at least he admits in Not Afraid that he fucked up in that regard :D

He did start to go downhill after, but yes, Recovery was a big step in the right direction and Bad Meets Evil is saying he's back on track. I didn't like Relapse too much at first, but now I think I like it better than Encore. And yeah, he says he hates Relapse a few times on Recovery; in three songs I think - Talkin' 2 Myself, Not Afraid, and Cinderella Man.

I really liked early Eminem stuff, later he became quite boring and anoying. That whole genre has gone to hell. '90-early '00 were good.

@krofius

What, Anders is alowed to listen shitty, fagish stuff and we are not? At least we're not trying to sell that shit with "IN FLAMES - swedish melodeath" label. :D
Of course he is, as are you. Doesn't mean I like that any of you listen to it because I think it's shit. They have never labeled themselves anything, it's the media that still calls them melodic death metal.

I can confess though, I did like Eminem when I was like 11 years old.

Of course he is, as are you. Doesn't mean I like that any of you listen to it because I think it's shit. They have never labeled themselves anything, it's the media that still calls them melodic death metal.

I can confess though, I did like Eminem when I was like 11 years old.

There's nothing wrong with liking rap, no matter your age. That's a pretty childish tactic you used there.

As for IF being melodic death metal, I really only consider the death metal part for pre-Clayman. After that, I say they are just melodic metal/their own genre.

N'flamerz go gangsta rap under the influence of "Touch of red" music video... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing wrong with liking rap, no matter your age. That's a pretty childish tactic you used there.

As for IF being melodic death metal, I really only consider the death metal part for pre-Clayman. After that, I say they are just melodic metal/their own genre.
That was not my point, but I can see why you would interpret it that way. I just meant to say I liked Eminem in the past, and I happened to be at the age of 11, I did not intend it to mean that only children listen to Eminem. I do think his music is fucking disgraceously boring if I may state my opinion.

I do rank Rap/Hip Hop a lot higher than Country at least, there is nothing worse than country. But I just think the whole idea of the genre is stupid that, at least how I perceive it, what real rap is supposed to be is music being the secondary, and lyrics are the primary. But mainstream rap I think even you can agree is shit (50 cent, Lil Wayne). But how the hell did this thread go into rap? Never can we stay On Topic...

That was not my point, but I can see why you would interpret it that way. I just meant to say I liked Eminem in the past, and I happened to be at the age of 11, I did not intend it to mean that only children listen to Eminem. I do think his music is fucking disgraceously boring if I may state my opinion.

I do rank Rap/Hip Hop a lot higher than Country at least, there is nothing worse than country. But I just think the whole idea of the genre is stupid that, at least how I perceive it, what real rap is supposed to be is music being the secondary, and lyrics are the primary. But mainstream rap I think even you can agree is shit (50 cent, Lil Wayne). But how the hell did this thread go into rap? Never can we stay On Topic...

Point clarified. As for rap/hip-hop as a genre, you're right, I don't like too much mainstream. I really only (ever) liked Eminem because I thought, and still think, he is vastly different. One of the main reasons I like his music is because I don't find his flows boring/stupid like I find most other rap/hip-hop to be. I do like 50 Cent when he is featured on an Eminem track though because he raps about better stuff. I like instruments better, that's why I gravitate towards metal more often. But I am getting into liking a bit more rap such as Royce Da 5'9 and Slaughterhouse. But Em's subject matter, humor, and flows I can listen to anytime.

I guess the connection is we do/don't like that rap isn't a part of (new) In Flames?

I guess the connection is we do/don't like that rap isn't a part of (new) In Flames?

Yes, well I guess it goes for most people that if you just listen too much to metal sometimes, you get tired of it for an hour, a day or a week or whatever, and you want to listen to something else. For me in that case is some sort of techno/trance/electronics, everything but Fagstep and no gay female vocal trance. But that's just me, other people may listen to some rap and there's nothing wrong with doing that either =) What's sad is people who only listen to the radio/mtv music. You can just hope that one day they'll find Metal.

What's sad is people who only listen to the radio/mtv music. You can just hope that one day they'll find Metal.

I hate the radio. Never really listened to it. I have my iPod in my car at all times. It's funny that the hip-hop that is popular is all about sex and violence, yet mainstream media think metal is bad. :err:

I hate the radio. Never really listened to it. I have my iPod in my car at all times. It's funny that the hip-hop that is popular is all about sex and violence, yet mainstream media think metal is bad. :err:
Well it's like this. America rules the world, especially the media and everything mainstream. America = Mostly inhabited by christian nutjobs.
Sex sells and they don't care about the images being portrayed, but metal, we all know it's satan music and nothing is worse than that.

Well it's like this. America rules the world, especially the media and everything mainstream. America = Mostly inhabited by christian nutjobs.
Sex sells and they don't care about the images being portrayed, but metal, we all know it's satan music and nothing is worse than that.

Trust me, I know, I live in America. And I hate organized religion. I'm glad metal isn't the music of choice for the masses though; I think that makes metal a lot better and more special. I will probably live here forever which I don't mind but I would definitely like to visit Europe (mainly Germany because Deutsch is what I chose to learn in school, and Sweden because of IF, Soilwork, and DT).

Trust me, I know, I live in America. And I hate organized religion. I'm glad metal isn't the music of choice for the masses though; I think that makes metal a lot better and more special. I will probably live here forever which I don't mind but I would definitely like to visit Europe (mainly Germany because Deutsch is what I chose to learn in school, and Sweden because of IF, Soilwork, and DT).

For some reason I always had you down as Dutch :D

You people are FUCKING GAY. In Flames and now we're talking about Eminem. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. WOW. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Ha. I'm actually mostly of Italian decent. But learning the "popular" languages of Spanish or French never interested me. What made you think that?

I don't really know... I think there was a guy on here a couple of years back who was dutch and had a similar writing style to you :D I wouldn't have guessed American.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania... just south of Rotterdam. :D

@Clay-Man

Wanna talk about Lil Wayne? :D

Because I don't sound like the typical ignorant American? At least I certainly hope I don't: I try not to be.

Yeah, you should be listening to Mudvayne or Coal Chamber... what's wrong with you :D the majority of Americans I've spoken to, whilst being really nice people, have quite pathetic metal taste :D generally limited to horrible nu/alt metal.

And will the rest of you leave Clay-Man alone? I enjoy reading his random rants and swears, it wouldn't be the UM IF board without him :D