In Flames song you don't like

One thing I will say is that at least it was different, and they were trying some unusual stuff. It helps make SOAPF feel varied and unique. Compare to the likes of Battles which is just cookie cutter all the way through (Wallflower excepted) and even ITM doesn't really have anything particularly unique on it, even though it's a decent enough modern IF album.

It's depressing to say that the best thing I can think of for a unique ITM thing is the acoustics. So yeah, I've got nothing.

When I think about ITM, now that we have some perspective, I can only think about an album with decent songs, some average and some garbage. There's nothing really outstanding about it but there's also nothing really offensive.

As for this thread, is easy.

In Search for I.
Scream.
All SC.
All Battles.
House and three more songs from I the Mask whose titles I cannot remember.

Last edited:
ITM benefits from coming after the two worst IF albums ever released (pretty much unanimous) - so by comparison it looks good. I think I'd have a very different opinion if it had come out straight after SOAPF.

Reactions: eochaid
Don't mind Phobiac... dude lives by his own rules and is proud of it :D love the guy tbh, no fucks given but will defend his opinions and never acts like a dick. One of the good guys in spite of his unusual musical leanings. I believe his album rankings go 1) TJR and 2) Siren Charms... so better just to appreciate his madness rather than try to understand it :cool:

Yeah, exactly. The Attic on its own, fine... but did we need Jester's Door as well? They're basically the same concept in the sense of being weird interludes, but Attic is much more interesting and has some cool little instrumental parts. Jester's Door is just kinda boring. The last 30 seconds or so are kind of cool, but the 2 minutes before that... meh.

I agree with 2 of them (Attic and Jester's door) were too much for one album. But if I had to pick one that would be Jester's Door. That was a meaningful one because it was literally a goodbye to Jesper. Maybe like you guys said it could've been an instrumental song after the spoken words part maybe like something old? It would be super cool.

Would have been cool to take the instrumental from the Attic, the last 30 seconds of Jester's Door - combine into one and change Attic lyrics to something as a tribute/goodbye to Jesper. The Attic lyrics are just weird tbh :D

Would have been cool to take the instrumental from the Attic, the last 30 seconds of Jester's Door - combine into one and change Attic lyrics to something as a tribute/goodbye to Jesper. The Attic lyrics are just weird tbh :D

"The Attic"'s lyrics don't particularly fit into SoaPF, but it's a nice, neat little story. In a way, it reminds me of what they'd eventually try to do with Siren Charms... Except actually good lyrically.

"The Attic"'s lyrics don't particularly fit into SoaPF, but it's a nice, neat little story. In a way, it reminds me of what they'd eventually try to do with Siren Charms... Except actually good lyrically.

It's interesting but just so bizarre within the context of SOAPF, and Anders' lyrics in general really. I don't think he'd written anything like that before and hasn't since either. He must have read a book or watched a movie and gotten inspired from it somehow.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
The Attic has by far the best lyrics of any In Flames song from the 2010s. Such a creepy and unique song. In a decade where Anders' lyric quality took a massive nosedive, it's the standout for sure. I do really like A New Dawn lyrically too though come to think of it.

SoaPF easily has the best lyrics of their 2010s output (Virtually no competition, I'm aware), and I'd say it absolutely rivals CC and the classic albums in terms of quality.

New Dawn is cool, although the beginning kinda rips off a Black Veil Brides song :D can't remember which one now but it was scarily similar.

It could go either way honestly. I don't know anything about BVB's discography and haven't heard more than a handful of songs over the years. Probably couldn't tell you who I was listening to if they came up in the rotation.

BVB song came first, it was off their 2010 album, and SOAPF came out in 2011.