In Flames song you don't like

No doubt, I'd love to hear it too... just doesn't jive with the band's repeated excuses that fans don't move to the older stuff. Are they expecting fans to be moshing and going crazy to the likes of Resin and WWTM? If that's their goal surely it makes sense to play tracks that are a little more uptempo.

Yeah, I suppose so. They should probably just play Scream 18 times back to back if they really want the crowd to go crazy. With an encore of Bottled three times.

Yeah, I suppose so. They should probably just play Scream 18 times back to back if they really want the crowd to go crazy. With an encore of Bottled three times.

I think "Scream" feels made for a live setting. The less said about "Bottled", the better.

Some interesting choices there my friend. I really like the guitar work on Biosphere, next to Stand Ablaze I'd consider it the second most memorable song on the Sub EP. ISFI has a stupid chorus but you really dislike it more than Bottled? :D ISFI is generally one of the tracks that gets the most praise from STYE. Can't argue with any of your choices post-CC though. Monsters in the Ballroom actually sounds quite cool instrumentally, but Anders' vocals just don't work on that track for me at all.

I don't really like Biosphere's main melody never gotten used to it so it's my least favorite song on that album.

I actually remember that one of my first post here was about Bottled and how I don't hate it. :D I think its not that bad, that song have an awesome lead, I really love it. So ISFI is the obvious choice for me, weird lyrics with weird chorus :D

Monsters in the Ballroom is just not for me. I really dont like the instrumental parts although Anders have some cool ideas on the song.

I actually remember that one of my first post here was about Bottled and how I don't hate it. :D I think its not that bad, that song have an awesome lead, I really love it. So ISFI is the obvious choice for me, weird lyrics with weird chorus :D

"Bottled" is alright on its own (At least if I'm in the mood for it, anyways), but I really don't think it works in a live setting unless they play the entirety of STYE (Like in Used & Abused).

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Wait, did I not do this? Let's see:

Lunar Strain: Clad in Shadows
Subterranean: Biosphere
The Jester Race: Dead God in Me
Black-Ash Inheritance: Behind Space (Live)
Whoracle: Everything Counts
Colony: Pallar Anders Visa
Clayman: Suburban Me
Reroute to Remain: Dark Signs
Trigger: Moonshield (C64 Remix)
STYE: Like You Better Dead
Come Clarity: Scream
The Mirror's Truth: Abnegation
A Sense of Purpose: Delight and Angers
SOAPF: Jester's Door
Siren Charms: Rusted Nail
Battles: Here Until Forever
DW&NG: Hurt (Live)
I, the Mask: We Will Remember
Clayman 2020: Only For the Weak

Biosphere isn't bad at all, by the way. But I had to pick a loser and the other songs are better.

To be honest I can't always remember the difference between Everdying and Subterranean :D gothic sounding riffs with lame lyrics is all I can recall. I like the songs in general though.

Your picks from Clayman and Reroute frankly offend me Phobiac :D no issue with anything you selected from ASOP onwards though, what a collection of shit tracks. Well, Jester's Door is fine but not really a song as such.

Monsters in the Ballroom is just not for me. I really dont like the instrumental parts although Anders have some cool ideas on the song.

I think Monsters has potential, it just needed more work to get it into a good state.

Reactions: mindd
Wait, did I not do this? Let's see:

Clayman 2020: Only For the Weak

Biosphere isn't bad at all, by the way. But I had to pick a loser and the other songs are better.

Oh cmon man, OFTW was the highlight of Clayman 2020. They added a kinda melody to the song (I fall behind part) and it really was awesome. And chorus is way more alive then the original one. All the vocals were better than the original one I think.

Yeah, even I have to agree that the re-recording's vocals are fucking awful. The only thing I liked about that was the music video, which I actually fucking love- At least with the original's audio, anyways.

I just hate everything about the rerecordings. I am happy pretending they don't exist.

I just want someone to put the original audio over the new music video. That would actually be a fucking awesome way to acknowledge In Flames' legacy.

You know, instead of what the label, the band, Benson, and Lord-Alge actually did.

To be honest I can't always remember the difference between Everdying and Subterranean :D gothic sounding riffs with lame lyrics is all I can recall. I like the songs in general though.

Your picks from Clayman and Reroute frankly offend me Phobiac :D no issue with anything you selected from ASOP onwards though, what a collection of shit tracks. Well, Jester's Door is fine but not really a song as such.

I usually just remember them like: "Everdying is the one that's kind of meh but has an incredible acoustic outro" and "Subterranean is the one with the catchy 12/8 verses".

I've never been a fan of Suburban Me. It has kind of a punk rock mood to it and it's not really my thing. I can picture Green Day playing a stripped down version of it. I can't deny that the Chris Amott solo is good, though.

Dark Signs is great, but I had to pick a loser. What can I say? :D

I thought about not counting Jester's Door, but I find it kinda sucks even as an interlude. In comparison, Pallar Anders Visa is my least favorite on Colony, but it's still a good instrumental break from the rest of the album.

Oh cmon man, OFTW was the highlight of Clayman 2020. They added a kinda melody to the song (I fall behind part) and it really was awesome. And chorus is way more alive then the original one. All the vocals were better than the original one I think.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't hate what the band did on the re-recordings (the production is unforgiveable though). It's just that I've always thought OFTW was a boring song.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
All I can say is that I hope A88 doesn't read your Suburban Me comments... he won't be impressed :D

I always skip Jester's Door on SOAPF... it is kind of pointless. To have that and The Attic as the same kind of 'song' seems kind of unnecessary on one album. Just feels like they wanted to increase the overall play time.

All I can say is that I hope A88 doesn't read your Suburban Me comments... he won't be impressed :D

I always skip Jester's Door on SOAPF... it is kind of pointless. To have that and The Attic as the same kind of 'song' seems kind of unnecessary on one album. Just feels like they wanted to increase the overall play time.

"The Attic" is very much an actual song (Sort of), while "Jester's Door" should've been an actual song. I like the spoken word, but it does fuck up the pace. Kinda wish it was done in full force, it's actually pretty interesting instrumentally for the maybe minute that that part is on for. I think having both on the album is what kills the pacing so much.

"The Attic" is very much an actual song (Sort of), while "Jester's Door" should've been an actual song. I like the spoken word, but it does fuck up the pace. Kinda wish it was done in full force, it's actually pretty interesting instrumentally for the maybe minute that that part is on for. I think having both on the album is what kills the pacing so much.

Yeah, exactly. The Attic on its own, fine... but did we need Jester's Door as well? They're basically the same concept in the sense of being weird interludes, but Attic is much more interesting and has some cool little instrumental parts. Jester's Door is just kinda boring. The last 30 seconds or so are kind of cool, but the 2 minutes before that... meh.

Yeah, exactly. The Attic on its own, fine... but did we need Jester's Door as well? They're basically the same concept in the sense of being weird interludes, but Attic is much more interesting and has some cool little instrumental parts. Jester's Door is just kinda boring. The last 30 seconds or so are kind of cool, but the 2 minutes before that... meh.

Completely fair.

One thing I will say is that at least it was different, and they were trying some unusual stuff. It helps make SOAPF feel varied and unique. Compare to the likes of Battles which is just cookie cutter all the way through (Wallflower excepted) and even ITM doesn't really have anything particularly unique on it, even though it's a decent enough modern IF album.