What is it that you don't like about new In Flames?

Yeah, you should be listening to Mudvayne or Coal Chamber... what's wrong with you :D the majority of Americans I've spoken to, whilst being really nice people, have quite pathetic metal taste :D generally limited to horrible nu/alt metal.

And will the rest of you leave Clay-Man alone? I enjoy reading his random rants and swears, it wouldn't be the UM IF board without him :D

Coal Chamber? I don't even know who they are. Damn, I'm fuckin' up. Nah dude, none of that stuff for me. Maybe a little bit, depends on who you classify as that. But I'm mostly legitimate metal, obviously. Actually, I only recently got into more European bands. Don't know why it took me so long, but I just never really found out about bands before.

The American metal scene is pretty dead and the part of it that is active is pretty inward looking - at least you've seen the light :D

American metal scene!!! FTW!
I sense some irony...The only good American metal that has come out of that scene and put extreme metal on the map is probably thrash and DM. But I'm not that well-grounded on the american scene.

sonissweden2011.jpg

American scene! Slipknot, In Flames... :D

In Flames did a tour with Slipknot in 2002.

They were never the same afterwards.

:(

A second time? They'll become so nu metal they'll have record scratches and rapping in their music now.

Cmon guys, Slipknot was pretty beastly during their first two albums, it's much better than ASOP and SOAPF. Its debatable for Vol 3, but AHIG is lame a fuck.

Cmon guys, Slipknot was pretty beastly during their first two albums, it's much better than ASOP and SOAPF. Its debatable for Vol 3, but AHIG is lame a fuck.

"Beastly" :D I suppose when I was 8 they were quite beastly, but then so was Nickelback.

I read an interview with Fredrik Nordström recently, reading:
I know that In Flames wanted to change styles much, much earlier than they actually did. Around the third album, they wanted to stop using the melodic guitar harmonies. I was the guy saying, “no, no, we have to keep the melodies. We have to do the harmonies.” “No! We are so bored of harmonies!” (Nordström now takes an authoritarian tone) “You have a responsibility to your fans! And they are expecting this stuff.” But they toured their asses off and have had very good success; and of course they should have it. But I wish they had stayed in the same lane, and that may have given them much more success.

I missed this quote the first time round. Nordstrom spot on as usual. I think In Flames made an error in judgement thinking they had to alter their style to be more successful. Their star was already on the rise.

"Bored of harmonies" :D

Anders: "we" are bored of guitar harmonies... "we" want more vocal harmonies.
Nordstrom: But Anders, you can't sing?
Anders: I bought protools at the weekend ;) check this out... 'FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT, IT USUALLY TAKES YOU HOOOOME' ...
Nordstrom: Yeah, I'm out. Good luck with that.

and thus N'Flamez was born :D

"What is it that you don't like about new In Flames?"

14 post-Clayman songs in a 16 song setlist...

And even that remaining two fucking songs are not exactly among my favorites.

@DE4life

I like your signature. :D

I found it whilst reading back through the SOAPF thread... made me laugh out loud :D

Why do you guys have to talk smack about Nickelback... man trvu suicidal blackened demonic death metal about slipknot sadly I have quite a lot of their music played, have no idea how...