If you dont like the path in flames is taking...

NFU

I like pie.
Jan 9, 2002
Southern California
www.myspace.com
You should probably stop posting here. I (and im sure the people who also enjoy new in flames material), are getting quite sick of the complaining going on by these people obsessed with the jester race, whoracle, and so on. In flames will not be making another one of those albums...please get over it or move on. In flames will be having choruses with clean vocals...please get over it or move on. In flames will be touring with bigger and more "popular" bands in the future...please get over it or move on. I figure most of you get the point. I will most likely not be coming back to this thread, for I do not need to look at all the angry and pointless replies i will be getting from the people i am currently addressing, however i might entertain some of you if you have valid points. Anyway, my reasoning for this thread is that i am tired of this message board being filled up with bitching and complaining from you ladies who want In flames to be trapped in 1997 for the rest of their lives. I think the message board should progress with the band it is based upon for the most part. I would not like to see the same thing happen to this in flames board, as the last one. thank you for your time.

-Joe Metal I rerouted...so can you.

thebigyetti said:
here we go again...

omg
lafforcry.gif

LordHypnos said:
You should probably stop posting here. I (and im sure the people who also enjoy new in flames material), are getting quite sick of the complaining going on by these people obsessed with the jester race, whoracle, and so on. In flames will not be making another one of those albums...please get over it or move on. In flames will be having choruses with clean vocals...please get over it or move on. In flames will be touring with bigger and more "popular" bands in the future...please get over it or move on. I figure most of you get the point. I will most likely not be coming back to this thread, for I do not need to look at all the angry and pointless replies i will be getting from the people i am currently addressing, however i might entertain some of you if you have valid points. Anyway, my reasoning for this thread is that i am tired of this message board being filled up with bitching and complaining from you ladies who want In flames to be trapped in 1997 for the rest of their lives. I think the message board should progress with the band it is based upon for the most part. I would not like to see the same thing happen to this in flames board, as the last one. thank you for your time.

-Joe Metal I rerouted...so can you.

bwhahahhahahhhahahahahah. LAME.

Trapped in 1997? what the fuck?

A band CAN progress without sucking so horribly.
In Flames just chooses the simple dumbed down path, not the progressive path. Just look at the discography of DEATH. They progressed too, but they didn't progress into suckedom. They got more progressive, more technical, etc... They didn't follow any kind of mainstream trend.

I'm not arguing that In Flames shouldn't have progressed.
I'm arguing that they've chosen unwisely on how to progress.

I think a band can PERSEVERE and preserve the essence of the band without betraying the groundwork the band was built upon... They could have at least changed the name of the band, started a new project or something....

N' Flaymz they are.... N' Flaymz they will be...
I was hoping their next album would bring back some credibility to the name IN FLAMES. If not, Oh well... There are many awesome newer bands out there that are releasing exciting slabs of metaldom, progressing the metal genre into new uncharted territory that is actually worth listening to. (Omnium Gatherum, Aggaloch, etc?) Not to mention, metal bands that are able to release new and completely DIFFERENT albums while not watering their music down with keyboards and also keeping their integrity (The Haunted, The Crown, etc)

Regurgitated Guts, i can say only one thing. Amen metal brother. I couldn't more agree with you.

@Lord Hypnos - I love clean vocals. I don't think there are really fans that have been alienated by the singing. the fact of the matter is that In Flames sacraficed their musical integrety and dumbed up their music to sell more records and make more money. Basically they sold out. It doesn't anger me, it saddens me. Another band gone to the dollar god. I'm still upset about Metallica turning over. I'm not the goddamn sellout police, I liked Clayman. I don't mind that they wear all white or use clean vocals. I mind that the new records sucks, the song writting is just weak and dumbed up.

RIP Cliff Burton - we still miss you man.

first of all, i dont really have a problem with you or the people who share your opinion regurgitated. Those i have a problem with are mainly those who only seem to mention the points i brought up. However, i do not feel In Flames has "dumbed" themselves up, or really sold out. The members of in flames enjoy a lot of pop music, and after years of playing harsh metal, they wanted to explore different interests with the band...which happens to be more pop orientated. I think they are still a great band (in my opinion, even more fun to listen to now), and they deserve all the recognition and fame they get. As for death, you are right, they did progress..but i must say i enjoyed their earlier works much more than perseverance...which came off somewhat pretentious, redundant and overwhelming at times...not to mention his vocals got irratating for me on it. As for the new haunted and crown albums....yuck...absolutely unoriginal and uninspired with little to offer that cant be found before or elsewhere. In any case...i stand firm on my points, but i appreciate your input.

LordHypnos said:
Boo! Hoo! I'm too lazy to type so i'll just say that I totally agree with both MetalHeadMarc & Regurgitated Guts. Special thanks goes out for Slipknot for my post! (LOL!!) thebigyetti who r those 2 girls in that pic? is one of them Cristina from Lacuna Coil? YUMMY!

Regurgitated Guts said:
A band CAN progress without sucking so horribly.
In Flames just chooses the simple dumbed down path, not the progressive path. Just look at the discography of DEATH. They progressed too, but they didn't progress into suckedom. They got more progressive, more technical, etc... They didn't follow any kind of mainstream trend.

I'm not arguing that In Flames shouldn't have progressed.
I'm arguing that they've chosen unwisely on how to progress.
The problem is that some people seem to think that what they think is a wise progression is, in fact, a wise progression. You do not know that their motive was to become mainstream. If the music they put out happens to appeal to a larger audience, that's the way it is. What happens if all of a sudden people started to like bands like Death and all of the commercial radio stations started to play it? Would you all of a sudden turn away from them? That's great if you don't like the new album, but it isn't In Flames job to please their old fans. They just do what they like.

But this debate has been argued to death already, so this thread should probably not have been started.

I couldn't say better as LordHypnos says, He tells in a good english what I tried to tell in another post !
But, there is always some 'Narrow Minded' over here... So I don't think we can discuss about In Flames without us :)

We keep THE FLAMES burning

ArchY - Proud member of true In Flames Fans (Founded in 1666) lol !

ArchY said:
I couldn't say better as LordHypnos says, He tells in a good english what I tried to tell in another post !
But, there is always some 'Narrow Minded' over here... So I don't think we can discuss about In Flames without us :)

We keep THE FLAMES burning

ArchY - Proud member of true In Flames Fans (Founded in 1666) lol !

Of course we're all narrow minded.
People that like musicianship and actually being able to listen to music live and not loving a band who throws away their sound and identity to get Korn fans in the US to like them are narrow minded.
Sorry for my ignorance.

stefan86 said:
Of course we're all narrow minded.
People that like musicianship and actually being able to listen to music live and not loving a band who throws away their sound and identity to get Korn fans in the US to like them are narrow minded.
Sorry for my ignorance.

Well you're just going to love my input on this then.
In my worthless opinion, musicianship can mean different things to different people. There's the technically skilled 'musicianship', which a musically retarded (saves you the bother of insulting me) person like me won't really appreciate, and which must obviously be present in In Flames' earlier work and any other band you musical elitists term as 'talented'.
Then there's the musicianship which requires an ear for melody, rhythm, diversity, and so on. For example, I have no doubt that a band like The Beserker is technically impressive, but fuck me if there's any trace of the above three elements in their 'music'.

So my definition of musicianship is a song which is, to get down to basics, 'catchy'. As far as In Flames go, songs like Embody The Invisible, Colony, Bullet Ride, Man Made God, Trigger, and....yes, Cloud Connected.

Songs like Cloud Connected may be 'dumbed down', but not so compared to mainstream metal bands in that they're still full of interesting lyrics, eg. Bring me splinters of tomorrow, collect the parts where I win...... Compared to most In Flames lyrics, simple, but let's face it, no 'mainstream' band writes like this, instead they write ball-achingly simple lyrics your average 14 yr old can 'mosh' along to.

I suppose you could say I'm just a clueless newbie who got into IF via R2R, after all I am into more mainstream 'shit' like Disturbed, Ill Nino, Killswitch Engage........but I have and like Whoracle, Colony, Clayman and R2R, and I find that in each successive album there is more melody and musicianship.
I've lost my gist here, so reply and taunt me!

emjayhaych said:
Well you're just going to love my input on this then.
In my worthless opinion, musicianship can mean different things to different people. There's the technically skilled 'musicianship', which a musically retarded (saves you the bother of insulting me) person like me won't really appreciate, and which must obviously be present in In Flames' earlier work and any other band you musical elitists term as 'talented'.
Then there's the musicianship which requires an ear for melody, rhythm, diversity, and so on. For example, I have no doubt that a band like The Beserker is technically impressive, but fuck me if there's any trace of the above three elements in their 'music'.

So my definition of musicianship is a song which is, to get down to basics, 'catchy'. As far as In Flames go, songs like Embody The Invisible, Colony, Bullet Ride, Man Made God, Trigger, and....yes, Cloud Connected.

Songs like Cloud Connected may be 'dumbed down', but not so compared to mainstream metal bands in that they're still full of interesting lyrics, eg. Bring me splinters of tomorrow, collect the parts where I win...... Compared to most In Flames lyrics, simple, but let's face it, no 'mainstream' band writes like this, instead they write ball-achingly simple lyrics your average 14 yr old can 'mosh' along to.

I suppose you could say I'm just a clueless newbie who got into IF via R2R, after all I am into more mainstream 'shit' like Disturbed, Ill Nino, Killswitch Engage........but I have and like Whoracle, Colony, Clayman and R2R, and I find that in each successive album there is more melody and musicianship.
I've lost my gist here, so reply and taunt me!

I actually think Disturbed is better than RTR.
Disturbed at least got 2 songs that have catchy choruses and catchy power chords riffs, thats more than i get from Reroute :p

Musicianship to me is bands like Death, Dream Theater and Opeth.
But i really love In Flames catchy songs, i cant deny i love songs like Insipid 2000 or Pinball Map.
I think a record like Clayman is cool in its own way, yes its poppy but its hard-hitting and catchy too.
Its a good headbanging-in-a-happy-way record.
Reroute doesn't have the same edge Clayman has, the songs doesn't have any good hooks and there is no good riffing.
Suprised that i didn't taunt you? :p

as for starting this thread for the "millionth time" or whatever...sorry for all of you who are just so abused and tortured by freedom of speech, but i was frankly getting tired of the "ideal in flames setlist", and "trigger EP: how to be closeminded" threads...so i wanted some actual intelligent conversation to hopefully ensue...god forbid.
grumble.gif

LordHypnos said:
as for starting this thread for the "millionth time" or whatever...sorry for all of you who are just so abused and tortured by freedom of speech, but i was frankly getting tired of the "ideal in flames setlist", and "trigger EP: how to be closeminded" threads...so i wanted some actual intelligent conversation to hopefully ensue...god forbid.
grumble.gif

OMG!
Youre the guy that wants everybody who doesn't like RTR to fuck off.
Dont talk about freedom of speech then...