If you dont like the path in flames is taking...

Sigh

Just wait another week. Another one of these threads will conveniently appear...

I would also have to say Lord Hypnos couldn't have said it better himself. The only thing is... I don't agree with him. Please... Reroute isn't bad at all. I don't think anyone here in this thread has even said it is bad. In Flames wants to progress. Yes, they are progressing... but really, they are unprogressing, if you know what I mean.

First off... the style of the music has mostly changed since Clayman. No one can argue that point. Clayman was a fantastic album, and you know what, I would rather have another Clayman than RTR. You people who criticize us for wanting another Whoracle, should really not say that. The truth is, another Whoracle would be great, but I'd like to see some new music not in vain of RTR. Why can't we, who supposedly are stuck in 1997, criticize you for wanting another RTR... I haven't seen anyone do it yet, so back the hell off, because we can just as easily tear you apart as you try to do to us.

Second, listen to Watch Them Feed. It isn't even as good as the worst on Reroute. I would take Transparent's solo over Watch Them Feed's any day. Reroute has leads and melodies. I didn't hear any of that in Watch Them Feed, besides the solo. I am hoping that Watch Them Feed is in fact the "Transparent" of the new full length. Under 4 minutes too... c'mon guys, you can do much better than that! Listen to Trigger, Minus, Dark Signs, RTR, and Drifter! Awesome songs! So you can't accuse me of not liking In Flames' new material! Hell, even Cloud Connected's main riff is a badass alternate picking rhythm, and the solo isn't bad either!

I really hope that the new album has more songs in vain of the ones I mentioned above (excluding Cloud Connected). I would be more than happy with an album taking the styles of those songs and expanding on that. Like I said before, and I cannot exclaim enough, I hope that Watch Them Feed is either an EP exclusive, or the "Transparent" of the new full length.

For me R2R is a pretty good all round album.. a bad METAL album.. and a horrible IN FLAMES album

if another band had released R2R i wouldn't be so against it.. I just know In Flames could have done better..

but ya this shit has been discussed so many times. lets just leave it alone

I didnt say i wanted everyone who disagreed with me to fuck off, i just dont think theres much point in endless complaining about how In Flames has sold out, or isnt progressing, or has no leads, or how anders sounds like he has a cold now, yada yada yada. I just feel having a forum for a band only for the purpose of complaining about them is retarded. Regardless what the band is doing now, they at one point did create albums somewhere along the line that everyone here liked...hence everyones posting in this forum in the first place...so lets just leave the band alone instead of blasting them for their career moves now. I highly doubt most of you wouldnt do the same things after being around 10 years and wanting to make a bit more money, or try something new with their music and sound...god forbid.

Incendiare said:
Sigh

Just wait another week. Another one of these threads will conveniently appear...
lol.gif
How about it?! I think at this point people should realize that argueing this topic is like screaming at a wall.

squarenothing66 said:
Hell, even Cloud Connected's main riff is a badass alternate picking rhythm, and the solo isn't bad either!
Is that alternate picking? I always downpick that part. Excuse my ignorance on alternate picking, I am horrible at it, but I'm trying.

i love and i miss my metal in flames!!!!!!!!!!!!
testament evolved and is metal up your ass
death also evolved and was totally metal thast the point i dont care if in flames tours with avril levigne if they stick to their roots!!!!!!!!!! metal is the law:OMG:
who's next
btw i love r2r but i prefer less electronic sounds and more killer solos

A band CAN evolve without totally comprimsing their sound in a pop direction.
Look at a band like Death, who evolved from a underground death metal outfit to an enormously technical and progressive band.
I have nothing against a band changing its sound, as long as it sounds good.
I just hate every asshole that listens to american nu-metal and now listens to In Flames because its "hip and cool".

Tebus said:
Is that alternate picking? I always downpick that part. Excuse my ignorance on alternate picking, I am horrible at it, but I'm trying.

Yeah, it's alternate picking... it all depends on what I am picking for me to be good or not, but overall, I'm not too bad, I think.

OK, I can be the village idiot here.....
I, as an ignorant and uninformed American, had only heard of groups like Kreator, or Coroner, or Celtic frost, when it came to 'foreign' groups. A year or two ago, I discovered the novelty of the new 'gothenburg swedish metal sound' which led me to Opeth, Meshuggah, In Flames, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, etc., etc.,.... and I like 'em all, and most of their records, too,. You all seem like a bunch of retards to me to slag 'Reroute to Remain' as some kind of crappy record with weak riffs or singing or lyrics - look here you loud and stupid monkeys, I have to sift through complete moronic noise from a loud and blasting media blitz. I am unamerican in that I have never heard a complete song by limp bizcuit, korn, or anything from load or reload, for example. To me, groups like In Flames represent expression, musicality and cleverness in metal. I will choose the lyrics and riffs of Kreator or In Flames any fookin' day. You all can go ahead and piss yourself foolish in the wind.

Jesus christ will people realize theres nothing wrong with expressing how they feel about a bands directions, I'm sorry not everyone has the "they progressed, thus must you!" approach jeez.

look, i dont like any nu metal bands whatsoever. They seem uninspired, lacking direction, unemotional, etc. i like in flames' new stuff, because they have a lot more than any of those bands, i dont see the connection people. a style of riff should not dictate the bands entire sound or genre placement, thats bullshit.

The members of in flames enjoy a lot of pop music, and after years of playing harsh metal, they wanted to explore different interests with the band...which happens to be more pop orientated.

Why not start a side project band instead? Just a suggestion. Have a metal band as your main interest and a side project as your more experimental band.

Battman said:
Why not start a side project band instead? Just a suggestion. Have a metal band as your main interest and a side project as your more experimental band.

Yeah thats a good idea.
Look at Peter Tägtgren for example.
He does his metalling with Hypocrisy and makes big money on the industrial approach of Pain.

LordHypnos said:
look, i dont like any nu metal bands whatsoever. They seem uninspired, lacking direction, unemotional, etc. i like in flames' new stuff, because they have a lot more than any of those bands, i dont see the connection people. a style of riff should not dictate the bands entire sound or genre placement, thats bullshit.

Thats because In Flames ISN'T nu-metal! Anyone calls In Flames straight up nu-metal does need to get their head examined. The only thing that can't be denied is that they have incorporated ASPECTS of nu-metal. The downtuned riffs are just one of those aspects. That also goes with the somewhat whiney clean singing (IMO). The loss of solos is another.

In Flames isn't nu-metal, R2R isn't a nu-metal album. But the more In Flames decides to annex aspects from nu-metal, sooner or later its gonna happen.