What is it that you don't like about new In Flames?

You're wrong about one thing though, they didn't get "A LOT of shit" when they released TJR :D most people didn't even know they existed. They got a lot of shit when they released Colony and then Clayman. Even though both albums were fucking awesome, I guess people saw where their music was going.
Yes they did.
Yes, basically IF went from melodeath to metalcore.
Basically they didn't, they did influence many metalcore bands though, maybe you are mixing those 2 things up. They are a melodic metal band.

Could you clarify? What I said is true, unless you explain otherwise.
violentrl logic incoming or what?
It's the same as if I would claim God exists, and say that ''if you can't prove that he does not exist it proves that he does exist''.

Nope. New IF consists of chugga chugga riff chords in their songs, basically incorporating more alternative sound and I dont find their new stuff very melodic, is there something wrong with that???
If there is something wrong with that? No I guess, having feces in your ears that gives you limited hearing abilities is not something that there's anything wrong with, it's just that it can't really be pleasant and it limits your ability of hearing whether melodic music is melodic or not.

Im not saying all, but I would say most TJR fans tend to enjoy colony/clayman than ASOP, which is a FACT. Even if they've gotten shit, they've progressed each album up to Clayman and it was gradual. Eventually it's a great melodeath album, their newer albums aren't even melodeath anymore. Albums like Soundtrack are still hated and forgettable.
Most Old IF fans enjoy Colony/Clayman more than ASOP? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? THIS IS SOMETHING NEW THAT I DID NOT KNOW BEFORE. :D

Yes their change was gradual and still is. R2R still has a somewhat similar style as Clayman, just that the muddy production made it worse, and of course more added clean vocals + samples/keyboards.

If you listen to the albums in chronological order, the change is not massive between each album. If you compare TJR with ASOP, yes, you could believe it is two different bands. If you can't understand and accept that some bands think it's very stale and boring doing an AC/DC or Iron Maiden, then I can see why you are complaining like a 3year old.
You're saying they stopped progressing gradually after after Clayman? ROFLMAOCOPTERH4XX0R1337@hotmail.com

Scezezezny is alright in goal :D Arsenal's defence is hilarious though, taught a lesson by Man Utd yesterday ;)

Man, I can't even pronounce Scezezezny name... (and I'm suposed to be good with slavic languages) Maybe he should make up a nickname (brazilian style) - Sceznino or something. :D

I would '8 2 be an Arsenal fan. :D

Basically they didn't, they did influence many metalcore bands though, maybe you are mixing those 2 things up. They are a melodic metal band.
LOL at their new stuff not sounding like other mainstream bands out there. Id go as far as saying Soundtrack sounded like nu-metal. They were a melodeath band, just not anymore.

violentrl logic incoming or what?
It's the same as if I would claim God exists, and say that ''if you can't prove that he does not exist it proves that he does exist''.
Concession accepted.

If there is something wrong with that? No I guess, having feces in your ears that gives you limited hearing abilities is not something that there's anything wrong with, it's just that it can't really be pleasant and it limits your ability of hearing whether melodic music is melodic or not.
Because it's redundant and has been done before. They are experimenting with more metalcore with no effort on technicality and creativity. Just jumping on the "mallcore" bandwagon. I know a co-worker of mine who went to IF concert and told me that they did not play any old songs and their entire setlist was comprised of new easy songs. Like alias(probably the best song on ASOP but its really pretty simple to play), and a few bunch, shows that they aren't as good as before. If I want to listen to mallcore, I'd go ahead and listen to bullet for my valentine or black veil brides. Just not In Flames for that.

Most Old IF fans enjoy Colony/Clayman more than ASOP? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? THIS IS SOMETHING NEW THAT I DID NOT KNOW BEFORE. :D

Yes their change was gradual and still is. R2R still has a somewhat similar style as Clayman, just that the muddy production made it worse, and of course more added clean vocals + samples/keyboards.

If you listen to the albums in chronological order, the change is not massive between each album. If you compare TJR with ASOP, yes, you could believe it is two different bands. If you can't understand and accept that some bands think it's very stale and boring doing an AC/DC or Iron Maiden, then I can see why you are complaining like a 3year old.
You're saying they stopped progressing gradually after after Clayman?
You said it. Slowly turning into bigger sellouts and making worse albums each time. IF were great for their time, and no I dont want them to be stale and irrelevant by making same shit over and over. Like When I heard Colony after Whoracle it was epic and innovative. Even Reroute to Clayman, but they're taking the easy route and making radio-friendly simple songs.
Like Slipknot was pretty good during their first 2 or 3 albums but they fucking suck after. Same with Megadeth after Cryptic. For Slayer, not much but they just became stale. Hell even in other genre, Eminem sold out.

Comparing IF to BVB, that's something I haven't actually heard, I agree though, it's a valid observation indeed. I retract all the things I said in my previous posts and I admit that you are fully correct and I apologize sincerely violent, In Flames is indeed a mallcore band commonly compared with the likes of Bullet For My Valentine and Black Veil Brides.

Fun fact: Did you actually know that the first 4 lyric lines of Take This Life was actually written by the singer of Black Veil Brides back in the summer of 2004?

Another fun fact: ASOP was actually co-written by Black Veil Brides due to the initiated friendship between the two after the brilliant lyric contribution in TTL, however, they went uncredited in the booklet.

Fun fact: Did you actually know that the first 4 lyric lines of Take This Life was actually written by the singer of Black Veil Brides back in the summer of 2004?

Well, that would actually make some sense. :D

Let's see...

Both band have short, catchy songs... Both band use melodeath/metalcore harmonized riffs... Both bands have some chugga-chugga moments... Both vocalist' scream about fagish stuff and have bad haircut... Both vocalist' are trying to sing nice cleans without much success... Both bands have 5 members... Both bands are popular in the States... Young fan base...

Hm...there is only one possible explanation...

BVB are IF with emo goth make up (prob Daniels idea) :OMG:

Yeah, DE4life and I are big BVB (and Bottled) fans. He's even trying to look like their singer. :D

Well, that would actually make some sense. :D

Let's see...

Both band have short, catchy songs... Both band use melodeath/metalcore harmonized riffs... Both bands have some chugga-chugga moments... Both vocalist' scream about fagish stuff and have bad haircut... Both vocalist' are trying to sing nice cleans without much success... Both bands have 5 members... Both bands are popular in the States... Young fan base...

Hm...there is only one possible explanation...

BVB are IF with emo goth make up (prob Daniels idea) :OMG:

Yeah, DE4life and I are big BVB (and Bottled) fans. He's even trying to look like their singer. :D

Haha :D

I look cooler than he does. He wishes he could look like me :cool:

Anyway, I heard TTL was originally a BVB song but they thought it was too gay to use so they offered it to In Flames. The rest is history.

Haha :D

I look cooler than he does. He wishes he could look like me :cool:

Anyway, I heard TTL was originally a BVB song but they thought it was too gay to use so they offered it to In Flames. The rest is history.
Doesn't matter since they are virtually the same band anyways.

Like Slipknot was pretty good during their first 2 or 3 albums but they fucking suck after. Same with Megadeth after Cryptic. For Slayer, not much but they just became stale. Hell even in other genre, Eminem sold out.

Slipknot's first two albums were awful save for Wait and Bleed and Left Behind.

How did Eminem sell out? By becoming better at wordplay and flows? Yeah, getting better is selling out. It's your opinion if you don't like his new songs, but you can't deny that his wordplay and metaphors are absurd now; ridiculously good. You listen to Bad Meets Evil??

P.S. This is pretty funny.

How did Eminem sell out? By becoming better at wordplay and flows? Yeah, getting better is selling out. It's your opinion if you don't like his new songs, but you can't deny that his wordplay and metaphors are absurd now; ridiculously good. You listen to Bad Meets Evil??

My fav Em albums are The Slim Shady & Marshall Mathers LP's, however his new stuff is still very good and he's definitely a much more mature songwriter now. He's still got great wordplay, the only thing that lets him down are his references - he seems stuck in the early 2000s :D

My fav Em albums are The Slim Shady & Marshall Mathers LP's, however his new stuff is still very good and he's definitely a much more mature songwriter now. He's still got great wordplay, the only thing that lets him down are his references - he seems stuck in the early 2000s :D

Eminem Show is classic, too. Yeah, he has changed his writing style, mainly that he doesn't do any choruses, lol. But I still like all his new shit. I think he's pretty current with his references. I like his older anger/Slim Shady "topics" better but I think overall his cleverness and wordplay are better now. So, I'm pretty pleased with him and the amount of tracks he's released/leaked since Recovery.

Didn't think this forum could get so swarmed by faggotry but after reading the above posts I am sure it can.

I don't necessarily like them but they were damn good for genre nu-metal, probably the best at it. Original band incorporating death metal vocals with hip hop style guitar chords. If they wanted to go ballad, they did and if they wanted really heavy, they did with Iowa. They were very versatile for the being nu-metal genre
Korn was pretty close behind though.

I think Eminem sold out because he went a lot more poppy, with having lame feature artists like Rihanna and Pink. The subject matter is exactly the same as Eminem Show but more emo than before. Eminem Show was at his peak, after that he fell off. Atleast Eminem progressed nicely from SSLP to Em Show, while he was just terrible in newer albums. Better flow? Not even close, he's screaming through out the new albums for no reason and fast rapping just doesnt fit in his songs.

The only original member is the former drummer playing lead guitar. Henke Forss isn't the vocalist. There are your problems.

I really liked early Eminem stuff, later he became quite boring and anoying. That whole genre has gone to hell. '90-early '00 were good.

@krofius

What, Anders is alowed to listen shitty, fagish stuff and we are not? At least we're not trying to sell that shit with "IN FLAMES - swedish melodeath" label. :D