In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Was lookin' at your list dude, reminded me of a band I've been meaning to get into. Sick of the same old shit, and thought some Viking metal may be just what the doctor ordered! Anyone recommend to me Amon Amarth's best works (best album and some good songs?). Cheers in advance!

With Oden on Our Side is probably one of the best AA albums , but they really have some good songs spread out across the catelog.

Victorious March and Without Fear from Once Sent From The Golden Hall is great, alot of songs from Versus the World (I couldn't get into the Avenger or The Crusher as much), some of Fate of Norris is ok, but Oden and Twlight are really good, and surtur rising is ok imo.

With Oden on our side is probably easieast to get into. But everything is pretty much the same.

Nothing beats AA's tremolo riffs, simple as that.
Nothing beats Arrival Of The Fimbul Winter (Versus the World re-record version) and Thousand Years of Oppression. I fucking love AA to be honest, especially VTW. Didn't really love Surtur Rising though, but there was a few really good tracks.

Damn it! Who told you? It was Drawntoblack, wasn't it? That hobbit.

Btw, Victorious March rules. :D

Oh, forgot you and Clay-man are intimate, sorry.

DTB is still a hobbit. :D

Nothing beats AA's tremolo riffs, simple as that.
Nothing beats Arrival Of The Fimbul Winter (Versus the World re-record version) and Thousand Years of Oppression. I fucking love AA to be honest, especially VTW. Didn't really love Surtur Rising though, but there was a few really good tracks.

He grasped the runes, they're ours to use....

BURNERRNNNNNN DUN DURNNNN BURNANDRUNNNN

On topic for a moment (I know, wtf?) the chorus for SOAPF (title track) is lyrically probably the best thing they've done since Clayman. It's a real glimpse as to what Anders was (and still is) capable of when he isn't whining about being misunderstood. The title track is really strong as a whole, great opening, solid verses, a chorus that actually sounds good despite the clean sung vocals and an excellent solo.

On topic for a moment (I know, wtf?) the chorus for SOAPF (title track) is lyrically probably the best thing they've done since Clayman. It's a real glimpse as to what Anders was (and still is) capable of when he isn't whining about being misunderstood. The title track is really strong as a whole, great opening, solid verses, a chorus that actually sounds good despite the clean sung vocals and an excellent solo.

Really? I mean I think it's great, but I'd probably say a lot from Come Clarity and Reroute are better lyrically.

I like most of the Come Clarity lyrics, but they're very direct. Nothing wrong with that neccessarily, but I wouldn't say they were especially creative.

I've never believed R2R's lyrics to be great. Possibly because compared to Clayman they're stripped down, but a lot of the lines on Reroute don't resonate with me. Anders has tried to be clever on songs like R2R (title track), Trigger, Minus, Dismiss the Cynics... but to me there are too many empty lyric lines that can be interpreted in too many ways. A lot of the R2R lyrics seem to lack a distinct focus, whereas SOAPF's lyrics are generally very focused.

To be fair, R2R has nothing as poor as "And I don't care what you think!!!! Or maybe I do :cry:" ... but I was only talking about the SOAPF chorus anyway :D

Translation, please?

Biffen: Peter! Where are you?
Peter: I'm here!
Biffen: You've won a new prize
Peter: Awesome, what kind of prize?
Biffen: Best new album
Peter: Daniel we've won
Daniel: What? We won that one? Nice!
Björn: What was it that we won?
Laughter ensues

Might not be so funny if u read the text but for me it was funny at least :p

Nice performance. Anders throwing in a lot of death growls as well.

Last edited by a moderator: