45:39 min

Please note: this is a re-recording of "Bonded By Blood."

Gary Holt - Guitars
Tom Hunting - Drums
Jack Gibson - Bass
Rob Dukes - Vocals
Lee Altus - Guitars

Produced by Gary Holt.
Mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap at BackStage Studios, Derbyshire, UK.

The last track is a previously unreleased (former demo) bonus track.

http://rapidshare.com/files/159227442/EXODUS.rar

this may be a bad thing to say, but, in my opinion, the only thing holding the original recording back, for me, was the production. it just sucked, even for it's time. it's a great album, but i couldn't listen to it a lot.

i've been listening to this constantly since i got it.

it's awesome. rob does a great job on vox.

this may be a bad thing to say, but, in my opinion, the only thing holding the original recording back, for me, was the production. it just sucked, even for it's time. it's a great album, but i couldn't listen to it a lot.

it's the truth, the production was weak.

I never even heard the original until a few weeks ago. I was always into Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Suicidal and some Testament... A few other thrash songs here and there.. But never really heard Exodus.. Anyway after watching "Get Thrashed" I went out and bought Bonded By Blood and Speak English or Die... Neither of them really did much for me to be honest. Maybe when I was 15... I will give them another shot though, I did hear soem good riffs on BBB. I was really looking forward to the SOD record because I always thought MOD for USA was a classic... I figured you ad Scott to the mix and you are golden. His riffs werent bad but the choruses and riffs all sucked.

I never even heard the original until a few weeks ago. I was always into Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Suicidal and some Testament... A few other thrash songs here and there.. But never really heard Exodus..

Exodus, in all honestly are not - and never were - as good as the Big Four. I used to be a big Exodus fan way back in 1992 though . Fabulous Diaster, Impact is Imminent, Force of Habit were really good.

What if Anthrax were to do this today and re-record an entire album, say Fistful? I figured most fans would hate to see a classic album redone.

What if Anthrax were to do this today and re-record an entire album, say Fistful? I figured most fans would hate to see a classic album redone.

I sincerely hope that TGO2E is as close as they ever get to doing that. Anthrax have visited their past often enough during the last 5 years - time to move forward with their new singer and new material.

I sincerely hope that TGO2E is as close as they ever get to doing that. Anthrax have visited their past often enough during the last 5 years - time to move forward with their new singer and new material.
I totally agree, I want new material and new t-shirts and posters and stickers and all new stuff, especially since their new singer is clearly bad-ass. Anthrax has relived the past enough, time to unleash the new beast that is Anthrax yet again! Not a huge Exodus fan but it's just surprising that people here seem to like the re-recording, never heard Bonded but I figured die-hard Exodus fans would be opposed to re-recording a classic, just like we here would be totally opposed to re-recording Among. You all say it's good though so I'll check it out.

Exodus, in all honestly are not - and never were - as good as the Big Four. I used to be a big Exodus fan way back in 1992 though . Fabulous Diaster, Impact is Imminent, Force of Habit were really good.

What?? Exodus amongst others like metallica invented this shit. The most ironic thing in metal history is that Exodus were never in the big four. Perhaps it would be more fair to have Big Five.

At least Exodus continues to play thrash...

What?? Exodus amongst others like metallica invented this shit. The most ironic thing in metal history is that Exodus were never in the big four. Perhaps it would be more fair to have Big Five.

At least Exodus continues to play thrash...

Megadeth made Black Friday but they also made songs like Trust, Seven, Wanderlust. If you look at their catalog over the years you will see a lot of diversity.

If you look at Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax, you will see a lot of progression musically over the last 20 years. All of them pushed the boundaries of metal as much as they could and now they've returned to their roots.

Exodus hasn't displayed any musical maturity, they've been making the same record for the last 20 years just like like Slayer has been doing post Divine Intervention.

"Musical maturity" is subjective. Exodus should be commended on having keep playing the same style, for the most part, for many years. Also, just because it is still Thrash it doesn't mean it's not mature. I never got the "Thrash is immature," while groove, death, doom, etc. is more "mature" argument. Bands should just play whatever they want to play, whether it is thrash or not (for better or worse). They should just be honest to themselves. In the end, all Exodus albums are different from each other (unless it's re-recordings or live performances, of course) so I don't believe they've been doing the same thing for twenty years. If doing "the same thing" means Thrashing all around, that's OK with me! :headbang:

(I am also of the opinion that there are no "Big Four," which I believe it's a limited statement; Exodus was (is) a Big Thrash band on its own, and the "Big Four" know this very well themselves. Some great bands were deemed "small" by the media, but who cares about them anyway. As Petrozza said: "Love or Hate Us!")

I've never heard the original mastering of BbB. Only the remaster from the late eighties, which although imperfect, sounds fine to me (that raw sound is charming to many of us.) It was (and still is) a great recording, and most Thrash fans love it for good reason. The re-recording is fine; Baloff was great in the original, though, and I still prefer the first BbB. Despite some complaints by Baloff loyalists, I believe this re-recording was well done, and might be worth your time.

"Musical maturity" is subjective. Exodus should be commended on having keep playing the same style, for the most part, for many years. Also, just because it is still Thrash it doesn't mean it's not mature. I never got the "Thrash is immature," while groove, death, doom, etc. is more "mature" argument. Bands should just play whatever they want to play, whether it is thrash or not (for better or worse). They should just be honest to themselves. In the end, all Exodus albums are different from each other (unless it's re-recordings or live performances, of course) so I don't believe they've been doing the same thing for twenty years. If doing "the same thing" means Thrashing all around, that's OK with me! :headbang:

metallica, anthrax and metallica have all continued to play thrash, the maturity is visible in their approach. The aggression is more controlled. I dont think Anthrax rocks any less harder than they used to in the eighties but you wont see them making songs like Now it's Dark or Starting up a Posse or deathrider.

Exodus hasn't displayed any musical maturity, they've been making the same record for the last 20 years just like like Slayer has been doing post Divine Intervention.

Are you kidding? Have you listened to their last record?

The Atrocity Exhibition is an amazing record, and shows just how far music wise Exodus have come since the days of Bonded, Pleasures etc. Musically song-wise and lyric-wise, it's far more mature (as you put it) than their 80s and 90s material. I actually rate it as good as any metal record from the last 5 years.

metallica, anthrax and metallica have all continued to play thrash, the maturity is visible in their approach. The aggression is more controlled. I dont think Anthrax rocks any less harder than they used to in the eighties but you wont see them making songs like Now it's Dark or Starting up a Posse or deathrider.

Those bands you mention are in my view more metal bands than Thrash metal bands, which IS OK, to each their own. Of course both have Thrash elements in their more recent material, but that doesn't make that material Thrash. Even Exodus's whole output isn't total Thrash (though in the whole, it's more pure Thrash than the two you mentioned... BTW, I have nothing against Anthrax.)

The maturity you mention is actually becoming less Thrash and more something else, always with thrashy elements. That's not Thrash, and it's not the kind of maturity I prefer (which is why I think it's all subjective.)

Kreator is an example of a band that is still a Thrash metal band, even though they changed their sound through the years (for better or worse, it is your call.) Some elitist Thrash fans consider them not Thrash anymore, and I totally disagree. It's just their own kind of Thrash, but STILL Thrash. "Violent Revolution" and "Enemy of God" were metal records, but more Thrash than anything else. I think Kreator shows that Thrash can evolve in a distinct way (according to a band's creative wishes) while still being, in the end, Thrash. Metallica cannot claim to have done the same, even with their latest, more metal-oriented offering (of course, Metallica sells more, but that's not the point of listening to music... we listen to whatever we enjoy and makes us happy, which isn't necessarily the top 40s.) I even think that when Benante said "I am listening to many things that sound forced" he was referring to Death Magnetic...

As for Anthrax, I am *hoping* for a great new record out of them; I know they can still Thrash if they wish to. I respect your opinion; however, I still think that Exodus needs not to play a "poorman's Thrash metal act" to any other band, whether it is the "Big Four" or any other. It's just a matter of personal taste. The "old sound" has its own unique appeal to many of us (much like in Classical music, classic Jazz, etc.)

Are you kidding? Have you listened to their last record?

The Atrocity Exhibition is an amazing record, and shows just how far music wise Exodus have come since the days of Bonded, Pleasures etc. Musically song-wise and lyric-wise, it's far more mature (as you put it) than their 80s and 90s material. I actually rate it as good as any metal record from the last 5 years.

I agree. Exodus is still a Thrash metal band, but they have not been playing the same thing for over twenty years, no way. Also, I disagree with the kind of elitist, close-minded Thrash fan that only listen to eighties Thrash because "Thrash is dead" after the eighties. So Exodus, Kreator, Tankard, Destruction, the younger Thrash bands, and many others are not Thrash? I wish Gary Holt and Exodus all the best, and I will certainly go see them with Kreator when they visit NYC next year. :headbang: