EXODUS RE-RECORDING "BONDED BY BLOOD"

I like the comeback version of Exodus alot. Bonded by Blood isnt a bad album but I really dislike Baloffs vocals on that one though. They dont sound neither good nor cool so Im all for a re-recording. Should be fun to hear the final result.

I really dislike the Sneap sound.....he killed Opeth's 'earthy' feeling on Deliverance, as well as countless others (new testament would be a 10/10 if not for his sterile production)...oh well, I'm rambling....

To each his own I suppose. Sneap, personally, is one of my favorite producers/engineers. He did wonders for megadeth on their last album (it was arguably the best production they've ever had) and his work with Fozzy was fantastic. His drum sounds are second to none.

I really dislike the Sneap sound.....he killed Opeth's 'earthy' feeling on Deliverance, as well as countless others (new testament would be a 10/10 if not for his sterile production)...oh well, I'm rambling....

Soundmaster, have you picked up Watershed yet? I held it arms length for awhile since I didn't like Ghost Reveries much. I'm pleased to say that I think it is absolutely brilliant. A serious contender for album of the year for me.

I don't know if I was just burnt out on them with Ghost Reveries, but I don't think that's it. It was just too smooth or something, I can't put into words.

But Mikael Akerfeldt, whom I consider to be one of the modern "greats" is back on track here. Watershed rules.

To each his own I suppose. Sneap, personally, is one of my favorite producers/engineers. He did wonders for megadeth on their last album (it was arguably the best production they've ever had) and his work with Fozzy was fantastic. His drum sounds are second to none.

I agree with you completely. I think Andy Sneap is awesome. I love the sound of the Nevermore albums he's done - he rescued Enemies of Reality with his remix/master, and his Megadeth stuff is awesome. His guitar sound is heavy, clear, deadly.

My one gripe with him is the guitar sound on Atrocity Exhibit, which is just toooooo much distortion. Still, that was Exodus' choice, I believe. I think he just accurately represented what they wanted. I rarely say this, but it's overkill. It's a fine record, but it's kinda like sticking knives in your ear, with all that high end distortion. Eeesh.

It boils down to the fact that I love/prefer the old analog production styles/sounds of the 70s. Sneap productions are literally at the opposite end of that spectrum. However, I do admit that his style does suit some bands well...megadeth's latest does sound great (although Rust In Peace's sound still dwarfs it, IMO).

Sneap nearly ruined Opeth....thankfully they quickly moved on after that one-off.

Soundmaster, have you picked up Watershed yet? I held it arms length for awhile since I didn't like Ghost Reveries much. I'm pleased to say that I think it is absolutely brilliant. A serious contender for album of the year for me.

I don't know if I was just burnt out on them with Ghost Reveries, but I don't think that's it. It was just too smooth or something, I can't put into words.

But Mikael Akerfeldt, whom I consider to be one of the modern "greats" is back on track here. Watershed rules.

Indeed I did....on the day of its release. I really like GR but admit that it's almost a 'patchwork' of everything they did prior to it. Had it been my first Opeth, I'd be raving about its genius. But, alas, it was not my first.

Watershed is brilliant, though. At this point, it IS 2008's magnum opus without question (in a VERY strong year, so far).

Baloff's vox are perfect on that record. It takes a lot of listens to realize it

Kicked in your face and rape and murder YOUR WIFE!

To each his own I guess. I think he sounds so whiny/whimpy. I actually think alot of older thrash falls because of bad vocalists. Some became better over the years but I absolutely hate some of the early stuff. A shame really because I love the instrumental music.

yeah, there's many bands with those kind of vocals you just need to get used to. I know exactly what you mean, TheInsane. Vio-Lence is one of those bands, for example. instrumental music is absolutely brilliant to me, but it took weeks for me to say the same thing about the vocal part.

Yeah, Killian's vox are probably the worst of most of the thrash bands I've heard. I need to pull Eternal Nightmare out again and take another listen

He's going to ruin it

I disagree here. He's a big fan of the album, and he will sound just as vicious and more powerful than Baloff. Trust me. :saint:

When BBB came out, I wasn't into it because I thought Baloff was just a bad singer/vocalist. It took a few months, and a few friends playing it non-stop, before I realized it's greatness. I like Pleasures of the Flesh a lot, but other than a few gems on Fabulous Disaster and Tempo, I couldn't wait for them to get rid of Zetro. Talk about a whiner.... I got tired of Tempo quickly. Like Ozzman said, War is My Shepherd is the best track.

I was never a fan of Vio-lence, mainly because of the vocals. The music was cool.

I like Sneap too, but Opeth-wise I prefer GR to Watershed (still brillliant), and I absolutely love Deliverance.