Exodus, Overkill, or Testament?

Which thrash band is the best?

• Total voters
I can't think of a better metal bassist than Overkill's D.D. Verni.

OK you say metal, not thrash so:

Geezer Butler
Steve Harris
Geddy Lee
Lemmy
Phil Lynnot
Joe Buchard
Roger Glover
Markus Grosskopf
Dave Ellefson
Graeme English
Pete Perez
Nibbs Carter
Marco Hietala

and I'm not adding some gods of bass since we are into more metal than rock :D

Death is a "Death" metal band... so it shouldn't even be mentioned in a Thrash thread... If your a noobie metalhead you should learn some more first...

You are right UM, but Death was one of the few extreme vocal bands that got a pretty big acclaim from metal fans that typically don't like the extreme vocals. I personally would consider them death metal, but despite the extreme vox, they almost crossed the line into thrash. I would be willing to bet they are considered having an oldschool thrash style by many people, not just the poster.

Bryant

well yeah that goes without saying that Death Metal imo evolved from Thrash but I wouldn't consider them thrash per say... it still should have it's own separate thread for that genre... with perhaps early bands like obituary, deicide, death, possessed etc. being the choices for old school DM to be voted on....

It was kind of a last minute decision, but I'll be seeing Testament tomorrow night here in "semi-upstate" NY. :headbang: Should be pretty kickass....will do my best to give a review as soon as possible.

Obviously you haven't listened to Exodus's last two albums (especially Tempo of the Damned) if you think they have not gotten better or just as good with time... :kickass:

Yes, I have, that and Shovel Head Kill Machine, if that was their most recient. My friend loaned me both, maybe it's their singer, I don't know. I went out and blindly bought, all of Exodus' releases, back in the day, and really liked each one. I was going to see them w/ Suicidal Tendencies, and had not heard enough of the band. There ended up being a riot at that show, people put in the hospital, even more people put in jail, amazing show though.