OVERKILL

among_the_dead

your makin me laugh
Aug 15, 2005
Champaign,Illinios
I've been listening to Overkills "the years of decay" and "horrorscope" lately.
These 2 cd's are some of the best oldschool Thrash/speedmetal albums of all time in my opinion.
Overkill are the most UNDERRATED thrash/speedmetal bands ever out of the 80's.

Anyone ever get into this band? I'm a huge fan.

among_the_dead said:
I've been listening to Overkills "the years of decay" and "horrorscope" lately.
These 2 cd's are some of the best oldschool Thrash/speedmetal albums of all time in my opinion.
Overkill are the most UNDERRATED thrash/speedmetal bands ever out of the 80's.

Anyone ever get into this band? I'm a huge fan.
I remember seeing them before they got signed. Been a huge fan ever since.

Horrorscope defines 80'sthrash for me (even though it was released in 90, Doh!).
Great, thick chugging riffs, and tight as fuck drums!
Haven't heard it in a while. Might just have to listen to it tonight! :headbang:

Those are 2 of my favorite albums.

Overkill will be in my town in 2 weeks.
Looking forward to that one!

Crabmeat said:
Horrorscope defines 80'sthrash for me (even though it was released in 90, Doh!).
Great, thick chugging riffs, and tight as fuck drums!
Haven't heard it in a while. Might just have to listen to it tonight! :headbang:
actually it WAS released in the 80's....'89 to be exact

Over Kill slowly turned to be my favourite band, and that`s because I found out a true band that keeps metal alive and the soul of it in every album they put out. My first approach was to W.F.O, maybe the wrong way to start with the band, but it worked for me!!! After it, I got The Years of Decay, an album I will always love to hear...in my humble opinion their best work close followed by Horrorscope...but what the fuck...each album is great...most of the fans (I`ve been a member in their forum for 5 years and visit it every day since then) would tell that the only album that they would consider a little "weak" is "I hear Black", and maybe that comes for the "weak" production, although it still is a good thrash album (don`t forget it came out after Horroscope and people expected nothing but a brilliant album).
For begginers, with taste in old school thrash, they should get "taking Over" together with "the Years of Decay", "Horrorscope" alone to enjoy it; WFO has not the best production (bass guitar is too loud, but hey!! it`s one of the band signatures, DD Verni, a top 3 bass guitar player) but has one of the best thrash songs ever and an Over Kill classic " Gasoline Dream". and once you are into Over Kill go and get "Necroshine" and "Bloodletting" together as they like one album, very similar and with Blitz singing at his tops!
And if you still have extra bucks in your pockets go and get the last one `coz it rules, like wine...the older the better.
Wow!!! I wrote more than I thought I will, but when it comes about O K I`m not short of words...I would have make it even longer, `coz I left out a couple of albums I love, and I wanted to speak to those who are not into the band, and I know that you, bastard metal heads, sure have material of them.....and if not....."we don`t care what you say....FUCK YOU!!"

My 2 cents

#1_Droogie said:
actually it WAS released in the 80's....'89 to be exact

The Years of Decay - 1989
Horrorscope - 1991

:D
Overkill are probably my fav metal band.
Those two records along with The Killing Kind (1996), From the Underground & Below (1997) and Necroshine (1999) are my favorites.

East Coast thrash has something which I cannot exactly put my finger on, but I like it.

Yeah necroshine is badass! I was just watching their wrecking crew dvd recently. It took me awhile to get used to his singing. They keep to their roots, but dont get as tiring as slayer. They are more fun.

Count me in. I've seen them four times. I still need to get the DVD (and I Hear Black, Taking Over and the one that has "Hello from the Gutter" that I am too lazy to look up now).
"Nice Day for a Funeral" kicks ass.
WFO was my first CD from them. I got it for $2.

"elimination"
"i hate"
"nothing to die for"
"who tends the fire"

"Live young,die free" (totally fucking awesome)
"bare bones"
"blood money"
"thanx for nothin'"

Some of the best thrash ever!!