Re-releases coming: Toxik, Crimson Glory, Heathen more...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Awesome news:

Poland's Metal Mind Productions has signed a multi-record licensing deal with Roadrunner Records for the RR back-catalogue.

MMP will re-issue over 25 albums from the late '80s/early '90s, taken from the wide Roadrunner Records archives. The selection of bands includes SOLITUDE AETURNUS, CRIMSON GLORY, ATROPHY, HEATHEN, REALM, XENTRIX, DISINCARNATE, PESTILENCE, LAST CRACK, ZNOWHITE, SADUS, TOXIK, BULLDOZER and GORGUTS. This is a must-have for fans of good music — reissues of classic material in new digipack editions, each title limited to 2,000 copies, digitally remastered using 24-Bit process with bonus features like audio or video material, biography, liner notes from artists and more.

Tomasz Dziubinski, President of Metal Mind Productions commented: "It took us over two years to finalize this fantastic deal. When we first started to work with Roadrunner Records back in 1990 we were selling vinyl copies of those titles. Albums unavailable for over 15 years were sold in places like eBay for hundreds of dollars! This is a wonderful occasion to refresh those classic albums and present them to fans of good metal music in a new, improved version. We worked very hard with Roadrunner Records and the artists on achieving the best possible results.”

The first batch of releases under this new deal is due on November 13.

Excellent - I'm hoping that they will be available in double packs like the other recent RR re-releases. I'm salivating at the prospect of getting my hands on some Solitude Aeturnus cd's, that's for sure - I've only ever been able to track down Adagio in this country (which was frustrating).

I hate digipak...Why not make normal cd cases instead...

I thought displeased records were already supposed to re-release Toxik, Sadus, Atrophy, Disincarnate and Gorguts?

While message boards might give a view that there is HUGE demand for reissues, the reality is sometimes quite different. Metal Mind Productions plays safe. First they release the 2000 copies in (ltd#) digipacks and only if these sell nicely, they will come up with jewel case version later on.

jpmuikku said:
While message boards might give a view that there is HUGE demand for reissues, the reality is sometimes quite different. Metal Mind Productions plays safe. First they release the 2000 copies in (ltd#) digipacks and only if these sell nicely, they will come up with jewel case version later on.

Can they be bought in the UK, or will we, as usual, be ignored ?