Re-tracked my song in drop D and GetGood Drums

pegagos

New Metal Member
Nov 4, 2015
I re-tracked my Song 12 this weekend using drop D tuning. The original was in drop B. Also, I used GetGood drums instead of Superior Drummer. The samples are really good and fit what I like to do much better. They're not completely raw, but not overly processed either. In my opinion, just right to get a good sound right out of the box and flexible enough to shape it to your needs. I also uploaded a drums only track with my processing so you guys can hear the drums on their own. Please check it. Any feedback is appreciated so I can improve my songs and mixes.

Song:

Drums Only:

Hi,
I'd recommend you making the rhythm guitars tone deeper and not so mids-heavy.
Also, the cymbals (hat and china in particular) are a bit harsh currently.

Cool solo melody, BTW. ;)

Man, thank you for the feedback. I agree with you now that you have pointed it out. It was very obvious once I did the cut around 800hz. I also did some automation on Cymbals. I didn't program very good dynamics thought the songs. Thanks for the input man. I've been equing my guitars too honky. Let me know if this is an improvement. Thanks.

Attachments

• Analyzer.png
    Analyzer.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Nikolas Quemtri
Nice, I'm getting the GGDrums today or tomorrow, nice to hear them in action

I really like the samples. Matt Halpern is having a Facebook live session today at 4pm EST. He's promoting GGD of course, but he's going to be doing a live lesson for non-drummers/guitarist on writing drum parts, his approach, etc. It will stream from the Periphery page.

I really like what I've heard so far as well, will check it out later (will be 10pm for me)