A song I tracked the drums on.

Jordon

Sep 14, 2008
Chicago
So a band of friends of mine had me come in and re-track their drums in the studio they were working in. Spent 3 hours micing and tuning the drums, a nice DW kit with a kickass PorkPie snare. Wish the heads on the drums were new, and that the cymbals were in better shape, but you can't have everything.

These drums were edited by eye in PT8, no beat detective or anything like that. The drums are not stacked, or sound-replaced either. Just some EQ and Compression

I only did the drums, re-amped the bass, and mixed this. I didn't track anything else, though I did have to auto-tune some vocals and EQ the fuck out of the guitars, cause they were done with the Line 6 SpiderValves and a POD, and really didn't have any care put into them. I think the rhythm guitar tone only kinda works in the verses. Also, I wish I could re-track the vox, as I would use a different mic on this guy's voice....This song has my producer's ear tingling with ideas in certain spots...another reason I could re-track some stuff.

...Also, totally not the typical kind of music found on this board.

No Reply

And, yea, I know you can hear a bit of the click track in the beginning and at the end after the song. Totally not done...nor is it my job to finish the song ;)