Reading festival.

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
I want to go see Metallica at the Reading festival. Now I love camping, so long as it is camping in a hotel or B&B! Staying in a tent and shitting in the woods is definitely not for me!

This may be a daft question, but are there any hotels/B&B's near the camp site? Within relatively easy walking distance from the main festival site. Or do they lay on buses/coaches to take you back into Reading centre?

I would be grateful for any info.

Cheers.

rent a trailer, that would work, but maybe it would be embarrassing to be the only guy who has it! :lol: but still, you need to shit in the woods. or, you can build a tepee, that would really fit your crazy, savage habits :lol:
tepee.jpg

Here is Pax's tepee

Pax,

The festival site is 15 mins walk from the station and the city centre.

Reading is well catered for Hotels and Travel inns in the centre and I think theres a Holiday Inn right by the festival site.

Reading is shit its full of tee-shirt people and the security are wankers at you take your own beer into the arena and at midnight it all stops and people get bored and the sound is alwys shit and if you go.................Hope you enjoy it more tha n me.:) I have sent an email to a mate of mine who stopped in a B&B last time shall let you know asap.

I've not been or ever likely to go to reading. But I am going along to wacken this year and camping for 3 days. Also I'm actually quite looking forward to shitting in the woods and pissing up the side of someone else's tent.