Ready for the tour??

ich bin besser

Guy with no opinion
Aug 10, 2002
Germany
So, how are rehearsals doing? How long will you play on tour? Are you looking forward to the German beer? :p
Can't wait for April 1st, that should be a blast!! See you then! :wave:

The rehearsals are going great my friend.

We will see you at the Collosaal right? You changed your plans and trip, you rock brother. Make sure you catch us and say hey, and have a few beers. Oh yes we love any beer, german anything...................

I think we play a very long set this night on the 1rst. This venue and people were great last time, cool city as well.

We look forward to it.

Ed

NP The set list CD as I go over the tough parts on my bass.

Yep, Colos-Saal ist the place. But I think the alcohol-free beer must do, because still have to drive 180 km. Good thing is that their brand of alcohol-free beer actually tastes good - which is a rare thing...
:)

Looking forward to the US shows, if and when they happen. A possible idea could be the NJ Proghouse. Its this great concert series that plays in either an old schoolhouse, capacity 50 to 70 for small shows or acoustic concerts, or a local theater with a capacity near 400. Happy the Man played the theater back in November drawing around 300 people. Upcoming shows include Flower Kings in May and Proto-Kaw (Kerry Livgren) in June. The schoolhouse shows have had the likes of Eric Norlander, Mats and Morgan and Land of Chocolate. Difficult to say which venue Enchant could play. Perhaps a double bill with another Inside Out band could pack the theater. Just a thought anyway...

Hey that must be for a single show. We are alone this time out.

It is just us for most of the shows this time. I am looking at our itenerary right now and don,t see any Alias Eye info, we have a couple of opening bands in a few spots but not for every show.

What gig is this for?

The Stormbringer said:
Just read that Alias Eye will be supporting Enchant after Jadis had to pull out... they're cool, sorta like a German (and MUCH MUCH better, I might add) counterpart of the Flower Kings.

Ed, this is for the Aschaffenburg gig. And for me, as a big fan of both bands, it's gonna be a great evening!
Alias Eye is not a local band, but one of Germany's most well-known prog rock acts at the moment. The play melodic prog rock, not too proggy, with a great singer and very good musicians.
They played Rosfest last year. They are able to transform their stuff very well on stage. No "show", no "rock show" like yours, but a very, very solid performance. And great guys, too.
Of course, I'd love to see a longer Enchant set, probably like in the other venues then, but I'm also looking forward to seeing Alias Eye again.

Soundclips can be found here: http://mp3.de/musik/genre/band/040000/195375/1

Those clips sound pretty imressive. The guitarist sound great and the singer has a really cool SAGA-FIXX vibe going. I'm looking forward to hearing them live.

Very cool, my bad for knowing about these guys. I really need to catch up on stuff.

Thanks for the link, it sounds great and will be a cool show.

@Ted: You're right, the way he sings is really a bit SAGA-like...
I really hope I can make it to Aschaffenburg...its about 250 miles and I have an important examination the wednesday after...the last time I saw you guys was in Munich as you opened for Spock's Beard, playing after the Califonia Guitar Trio. That was a great gig of yours and after enjoying the DVD that much I'd die to see you playing a long set! :)

ich bin besser said:
Wow, a comparison between Alias Eye and TFK? That's new. I think they are completely different.
My statement might have been a little un-precise... they don't sound like one another, but share their uniqueness and affinity towards blues, jazz and all that stuff. With AE, it works though... "A Different Point Of You" totally caught me off-guard on second listen after I had brushed it aside too quickly after the first.

By the way... I'd love to attend the show (Enchant headlining? Count me in!), but Mr. Wallet says no. :yell:

Wow, another German band that gets highest praises from me. ;) But I think Enchant has to cut down their set a bit now that there are support acts everywhere.

I don´t think that Enchant will cut down their setlist. Matthias from Sylvan posted me that they will start the gig in Oberhausen at 19:30 so that it´s very important to arrive on schedule!

Hello all

Hey very cool two highly praised bands, we look forward to hearing both. Phil it will be nice to meet you guys next week, or should I say this week, and the Sylvan guys as well in Oberhausen the last show next week.

Thanks for writing in everyone.