"Real" saturation, shootout, and a few questions

aviel

Aug 2, 2011
Hey,
Just decided i will try to get some "real" console saturation, and it quoted because i dont know if my console has the right to big called somnething near it. its an old soundcraft spirit live 8 channels mixer, with master bus, stereo and mono, and paratmetric EQ.

So i just injected a frum loop from superior to the mixer, and recorded it. here are the results. first 2 rounds - Satson Channel emulation, last 2 "soundcraft saturation".

is that the way to do it?
and what do you think? does it worth the effort? i do find it to do some nice stuff for the kick and the snare, some more punch. but i hate the fact that i have to record the track..

opinions opinons please

Last edited by a moderator:
you should have two bars with no console first so we can hear if it is actually doing soemthing. Also Ive only heard minor improvements with satsun on youtube. is there any way you could have a loop with some slightly more extreme settings?

ok, here it is.
first round- no console. (until 0:07). then - satson. i cant actually hear what its doing in this case to be honest, i might be missing something.
last - signal running from the SOundCraft console. i can actually here more more depth to the snare, and some more reverb