Tape machine & Analog summing

you called BS but essentially said the same thing. digital is a more transparent and a cleaner signal representation of sound. i never said it's "better." i myself don't even think it's better. i just said that there are plug ins that not only replicate individual gear but also the entire chain from channel strips to summing to tape machine. how close they get? a little close. but it will never be the real deal. you're always going to have an imitation which will never capture the real thing. but the op just asked to understand how all of this gets used and how he can use his plug ins.

We are allowed to answer and comment other posts besides OP, right?

And no.. I didn't say the same thing you implie. Or then we have huge misunderstangings considering the terms "transparent" and "clear". The medium which loses information can't be more transparent and clear than the format which is capable of recording and storing the whole spectrum of the recording at hand..

It's not about something that analog adds compared to the digital medium. It's about what digital fails to capture.

E: My point wasn't to attack your post nor did I mean to imply that you think digital is superior. I just wanted to point out that the common misconseption of 'digital perfectness' is bullshit.

andy wallace mixes a lot at a studio not too far from me and there is a g+ there. and as far as i know, soundtrack studio g still has the g+ he has always used.

I'm aware of the Wallace room but search on youtube if you have time, Andy Wallace worked on a J couple of years ago...

Mikaël-ange;10558490 said:
I'm aware of the Wallace room but search on youtube if you have time, Andy Wallace worked on a J couple of years ago...

yeah i'm sure he has worked on other desks but i don't know any official source (unless you do?) that he has officially switched. the other place i know he works out of (i think with smaller budget productions) has a g+ and he mixed a bunch of stuff there. the main stuff he still does at soundtrack which has a "g room" still named after him and pretty locked out.

yeah i'm sure he has worked on other desks but i don't know any official source (unless you do?) that he has officially switched. the other place i know he works out of (i think with smaller budget productions) has a g+ and he mixed a bunch of stuff there. the main stuff he still does at soundtrack which has a "g room" still named after him and pretty locked out.

Not official source sorry (I don't know Andy Wallace personalty), but I know he did one album on a J (and a J room isn't cheap comparing to a G room)...
Anyway, I'm sure he still sound like him on La Fabrique 88R, as CLA, Michael Brauer...etc.

Mikaël-ange;10561363 said:
Not official source sorry (I don't know Andy Wallace personalty), but I know he did one album on a J (and a J room isn't cheap comparing to a G room)...
Anyway, I'm sure he still sound like him on La Fabrique 88R, as CLA, Michael Brauer...etc.

all cool man just saying that the only thing you said i'm disputing is that you listed AW as a "J" user. if he used it once, even twice, even three times, doesn't make him a "J" user. It just means he has worked on it. I'm sure he's mixing on a trident at some point in his life also. Doesn't mean he should get a trident endorsement.