red book master?

topsoul182

Dec 18, 2009
*I recently had a band come in and they just recently signed to label. I got an email from them asking for a red book master for cd duplication. I've always just burnt mp3s for the band but I've only worked on small time projects. I'm not really too sure what they are asking for but I included the email I got from the label. Could you guys help me out with what they are asking for? I do all my mastering in Cubase 6 artist.

*Please provide me with THREE
/ 3 completed Red Book masters and overnight them to us

We can accept your master on one of the following formats:

• CD-R master (16-bit/ 44.1kHz CDA format only) *

• PMCD master (pre-mastered CD)

• Digital Audio Tape (DAT)

• Mini Disk

• DDP 2.0

• 1/2" or 1/4" Analog Tape

If you have Cubase 6, just download the Wavelab 7 trial from Steinberg. 30 day trial code will get emailed to you, just pop it in to your e-licenser control centre. Super easy to set start/end markers for all your tracks, can validate redbook standard or output to DDP 2.0, etc.

when bouncing down the masters from cubase should i export them as wavs or mp3s before i put them into wavelab?

Thats what I thought. I'm not really understanding how to use wavelab. I'm just looking for something where I can convert the .wav to CDA format, and it will have all the embedded info (track title, artist name, album name, etc.)

awesome thank you so much! I downloaded the demo and was completely clueless. Ill check it out tomorrow

Thanks again

Hopefully not too late here...

If you are providing a redbook PMCD for replication you should also provide the PQ either as print out or as a file and a BLER print out. With DDPi2 it can be a good idea to check that the replicator is happy to take this as some still will not.