real vs kemper youtube movie

wow, that's quite a difference to me.

the mix signal has more chunk, less fuzzyness, the Profile has this weird/hollow thing going on in the mids. (Especially in the first example, the second one is better)

It's very close! However there is one thing that really makes me dislike the Kemper a bit and it's that the growl is different. Pay attention to those long chords and how the distortion is growling and compare the original with the Kemper. To me that a clear analog vs digital situation. Other than that I'd be happy with the Kemper.

To my ears it's as close as using the same amp with different/old/new tubes...

The difference sure is there but in a full mix with vocals it will get covered and become almost inaudible.

I personally think the difference is subtle (over here atleast).
The only thing that needs to improve to me personally is the low end.
Still, it's a matter of experimenting, I noticed that on higher volumes from the amps the profiling is better.

I recorded and profiled these at a rehearsal room, so I wasn't able to perfectly configure everything to my taste.
The advantage I have right now with these profiles is that I can tweak them at my own comfortable working place.

This is what I got with the DI's from Lasse & Mago:
I tweaked one of my profiles(6505+ if I'm not mistaken):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/970622/kemper%20test.mp3

If I just reamped that in the rehearsal room it would've been less good, simply because I wouldn't be able to hear it like I can at home.
It totally depends on the working situation. In a studio I would go for the real deal ofcourse :) but I don't own one.

Massive differences. But the Kemper sounded miles better to me.

Interesting :lol:
What kind of speakers are you using to listen to this?
I'd like to know, because some people hear quite some differences and some don't.
I'm using KRK RP8's and don't really hear a lot of difference.

Interesting :lol:
What kind of speakers are you using to listen to this?
I'd like to know, because some people hear quite some differences and some don't.
I'm using KRK RP8's and don't really hear a lot of difference.

Headphones here; Beyer DT770's. The differences are massively audible, and I read the comment on the video before I played it back too, so I scrolled all the way down the page so I couldn't see the video itself, and just listened. It was easy to spot what was the modelled version and what was the real version. Micing a real cab has a tendency to come back at you quite dark and muffled sounding, which was how I knew which was which.

But yeah dude... the differences are pretty large.

Interesting stuff, cheers for the vid.
Not hearing the big difference here, but I'm not in the studio so I will listen again tonight.

a bit different but not that I would really care about it. Probably fixable with some experimenting with the refining thingy....

Ola, when profiling, do you keep the input level at 0 coming from the microphone? When I profile here in my room at a low level the profiling always sounds like total shit, even if I boost the input level on the KPA. I made my profiles at a volume of something like 2,3 on my 6505+, other amps kinda like that volume as well or even a little bit less.

Cheers!