ReAmping-002 and Radial RMP

VikingAxe

Jul 21, 2009
Just picked up a Radial ProRMP. Now I get home and I realize that i'm gonna need a different cable to out the tracks..

I looked at the outputs on my 002 and it has an "Alt Out" RCA output. Is this a good output to use, or should I use the 1/4 outputs?

Now, if im going to use the RCA out, which type of cable should I use? Im looking at the XLR/RCA cables, and the RCA end only has one jack, and on the 002, the RCA out has a L and R. Is there a proper one I am going to need, or will one end suffice?

you need a balanced trs xlr cable like this
rc161.jpg

or you can use an adaptor like this on a mic cable

p351b-c91189b6504396f486b3747891a742aa.jpg

ok. so then i guess i should come out of the 1/4 output on the 002 (i.e. "Output 3")? What is the deal with the RCA out?

dude, what RCA?? i dont have that reamp box, but i just looked at the manual Forceps gave you and it's pretty easy. you have 8 analog outs (TRS) on you 002, choose one. do the TRS to XLR and then use an instrument cable from the reamp box to the amp. voila! no RCA's needed.

Its just a red and white RCA out on the back of the 002. Right beneath the 1/4 outs. Whatever the case, I got the answers I needed...gonna give the TRL/XLR out a shot. Turns out I had the cables, just had to take them off my Genelec's for the moment :)