Reamping a combo

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
Hi guys, tomorrow I will reamp a fender and a vox combo amp for a funky rock band.....in 3 years of work I never reamped combos....so my question is that:
with the heads I usually put them in the control room and then running a speaker camble to another room for micing the cab( in that case the distance between the r box and head is minimal ), but with combo I have the problem with the reamp box....it's a safe thing to run a balanced line throught a stage box and then going in a reamp box near the combo? the stage box is 25 mt........I have fear that the stage box will fuck the di signals of the guitars.....

Hi guys, tomorrow I will reamp a fender and a vox combo amp for a funky rock band.....in 3 years of work I never reamped combos....so my question is that:
with the heads I usually put them in the control room and then running a speaker camble to another room for micing the cab( in that case the distance between the r box and head is minimal ), but with combo I have the problem with the reamp box....it's a safe thing to run a balanced line throught a stage box and then going in a reamp box near the combo? the stage box is 25 mt........I have fear that the stage box will fuck the di signals of the guitars.....

those line signals are less problematic than mic signals...
so if you're not worrying about your mic signals travelling 25mtrs through the same line you won't have to worry about the line signals either

those line signals are less problematic than mic signals...
so if you're not worrying about your mic signals travelling 25mtrs through the same line you won't have to worry about the line signals either

It's not the same line....mics signal going in the control room throught 10 mt, it's another stage box.....in theory the degradation of a signal in a balanced connection appening when you are about 100mt...but onestly I like short as possible connections

I keep the re-amp box in the same room as the combo so the guitar lead is as short as possible.