Reamping problems.. again

CubanDude

not really cuban
Nov 17, 2010
Hey everyone,

today I gave my new Palmer Dacappo reamp box a first shot, and it didnt turn out as it was supposed to. Okay, here's the deal. My signal-chain was:

LTD Dave Mustaine -> Palmer PAN 02 Di Box -> Line 6 TonePort UX1

and for reamping

Analog Out 1 (DI Track panned hard to that side) -> adapter 1/4" to XLS male -> XLS cable into Palmer Dacappo -> Triple Rectifier

The thing is, that on the one hand my sound seems a bit thin compared to the guitar plugged in (DI's peaking at around -15dB) and on the other hand, the main problem, I'm getting massive white noise (no humming) when i connect the reamp box to my amp.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sounds like you may be trying to send it out via the preamp input. Try sending it out via the Hi-z output instead.

Nono, I'm not... but somehow (idk if my ears deceive me, very tired) I think it's working now. I updated the drivers of my interface, maybe that's it.

Ah, yeah, and: Thanks for your input!

still interesting... my adapter seems to have a unbalanced plug. did a quick photo with my webcam

webcam1o.jpg

is balanced always better? cause this would mean that there's still room for improvement, and that'd be good :D

Big time problem... Bought a TLS adapter... No more white noise, but: Also no gain oO I get a completely clean signal. Any help?

I've pretty much given up trying to re-amp until I can actually watch someone do it successfully irl
I've had the same issue since I started (used an x-amp and palmer daccappo)

I've pretty much given up trying to re-amp until I can actually watch someone do it successfully irl
I've had the same issue since I started (used an x-amp and palmer daccappo)

You need videos of success???

There u go .... successful reamp.

Cuban,

Honestly your Line 6 gear is the problem. Get rid of that shit and get a decent interface then you can RE-amp. Even the Saffire 6 USB would be MUCH better then the Line 6 Junk.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...ei=1Yx8TuTkLcOIsQLKj8gW&sqi=2&ved=0CF0Q8wIwAQ

2 quality mic preamps, and more I/O then you will need for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youre 100% positive that it's my interface? I know it's shit and i've planned on buying a Saffire in the close future, but I just wanna be sure that I actually can reamp with another interface.

thanks a lot for your help, guys!

and, another question: should i keep my trs to xlr m adapter or should i return it?

Uhm, I use a Line 6 Toneport UX2 and I guess the difference to the UX1 is rather small.
I use the Palmer PAN 01 passive DI-Box for reamping and it works.

I tried different outs like the headphone output and the analog outs and there are no differences between the sounds.

The only strange thing I noticed, that I had to crank the volumes on my DAW and my interface up, while the -30db pad was active. If I didn't use the -30db thing it would hum pretty badly :D

I know, this wasn't very helpful, but at least I wanted to show that it's still possible to reamp with the line6 gear :D

Mh.. thats kinda strange.. If I wanna have a sound that not totally sucks, i have to crank everything up as well, but i'd say that's a) not the way it should be and b) the sound is still way worse than the sound I get with pluggin in my guitar directly to the amp. Really pisses me off -.- I already tried the "live-reamping" thing (Guitar -> DI box -> reamp box -> amp) and that signal is totally fine.. So it must be something in between the DI box and the reamp box, which leaves my DAW / PC, the adapter I'm using or the interface.