Reamping: How to get the amp to react like it's seeing a guitar?

Slightly OT:

A silly question, but can you use a single DI-track to track for example four guitars? Or does it just have the same effect as copypasting the same track several times, ie. just increase the level? :loco:

Yes & no.

If you used the same amp with the same settings on all 4 tracks, it would be the same as copy/paste.

But, if you use a single DI track and send it to a Mesa and a Marshall or 5150 and blend them together or pan them L/R, you've got a kick ass tone.

But, that is still only 1 performance.

When referring to quad-tracked guitars, there are 4 different performances.

what are you planning to use the IBP for

All 3 of its functions! :kickass: DI, reamp, and phase adjustor for fine tuning those dual-mic setups. Apparently, you just set up each mic so they sound good individually, then you listen to both simultaneously and fine tune the phase on one of mics with the IBP (instead of spending months running back and forth between control room and iso room, or in my case bedroom and basement, making delicate adjustments to mic placement). And for those who don't know, moving the region back or forwards in time is NOT the same as moving the mic back or forwards in space. Phase is frequency dependent, and unless you're miking a sine wave through your amp, (that is, a single stationary frequency) moving the regions won't combat broad band comb-filtering.

I don't know exactly how this little box works, but according to a lot of people, it works very, VERY well.

Ive just Baought a Prormp and i have the low gain issue aswell.
The signal is a few db to low even with the volume cranked on the prormp.

Some got a CLUE?

For ProRMP is better to turn trim pot to maximum (clockwise).
In that position you will get only -11.3 db(11.5) level drop.
If guitar signal (without any amplification) is greater than -11-12db than you will need additional amplification after audio interface.

ps. As I say before can someone determine level drop on other reamp units?

For ProRMP is better to turn trim pot to maximum (clockwise).
In that position you will get only -11.3 db(11.5) level drop.
If guitar signal (without any amplification) is greater than -11-12db than you will need additional amplification after audio interface.

ps. As I say before can someone determine level drop on other reamp units?

Hi, thanks for your answer. I did trim the pot to max but it that was not enough.

Does anyone know if the X-amp woulld be better for me?

I have a redeye and had the same problem. It must be the pad ! I´m gonna check it out. Thankx.

Yup. Pad engaged from factory. Problem solved :) :) :)