Reamping with digi 002

Rob Logic

yayyyyyy!
May 16, 2006
Newport News, VA
www.myspace.com
When trying to record through a DI and out to any source be it, PodXT or amp through a reamp device, I am getting a delay when tracking. I do have low latency activated however it is a rather annoying amount of latency. I thought I read somewhere that the digi 002's analog outputs 3-8 aren't true low latency and that the monitor/analog 1/2 are. However the analog 1/2 outputs don't send a signal to the x-amp I'm using correctly cause I get a disgusting noise when I hook it up. Maybe the analog 1/2 signal is completely different (probably is). If anyone tracks a DI signal through a digi002 lemme know what I am overlooking if anything! Thanks a lot guys!

Sorry to continue to nag, does anyone know of a way to record a DI where it doesn't have to go through the daw and be introduced to digital latency? Someway I can capture a direct signal and simultaneously record my mic'd cab in zero latency?

Just get a DI with a thru output like the Radial J48 and run it into your amp. Then you can record the DI and the amp at the same time.

Nice! Everything I read in catalogs about that thru port kept talking about summing a stereo signal to mono but now that I go on their website and actually look at the specs, it reads as you said. Now I wish I had just bought the X-amp / J48 combo a year ago when I bough the X-amp. .....idiot! Thanks for the help my good sir!!!