reamping with saffire pro 40 URGENT

dankarghh

Nov 26, 2009
Australia
hey guys,
i just got a ProRMP and a jet city 333 and i'm keen to get into some reamps, but i'm having some issues.

My DI is sent to hardware output 6
the reamp box is plugged into that out, into the maxon, into the amp.
I'm getting signal, but theres no gain, the sound isn't driven at all with the amps gain on 10. Even when i boost the slider.

I know its probably something in the mix control software but i'm too stupid to figure it out.

I tried searching, so you know :)

not sure what you mean by "boost the slider"?

is the output from the RMP turned up?

It sound like a level problem as you have a signal so it could be output from the Pro 40 need turning up, or RMP the wrong way round?

something like that?

I'd say so. The reamp box isn't backward no. The output on the RMP is full. Even with the output level cranked in reapers routing settings its more gainy, but still not full.

How would i turn up the output on the Pro 40?

the Saffire pro's have a control panel, which has a pretty complicated mixer on it. just play the di signal, open the control panel and you'll see which volume controls are effecting your signal. the usually default to unity ( 0db ) but if they've been changed before, they'll stay wherever you last put them.

what level are you getting in Reaper?

Thanks heaps guys!

I figured by playing around that it was all in the output volume, which isn't super ideal, but oh well.

now if i can just get my reamps to not sound horrible...

Check this printscreen: Saffire outputs when reamping

I've had the same problem with the volume knob.
Above the volumeknob there you see the 1-10 outputs in bleu.
Uncheck outputs 3-10, now they aren't affected by the volumeknob. I'm working with a Saffire Liquid 56 (same MixControl) and my Monitor Volume doesn't affect the output to my reampbox.

Do it!

with my saffire i have the DI's routed to a fixed output (not one of my monitor ones), then i send that output do a different mix inside mix control. I turn off the main send on the DI track in reaper, only have the hardware send then i feed that back into the HiZ input(via my ProRMP - non modified). I monitor the HiZ input and boost the mix level in the saffire Mix control till the levels are the same.

That way i have the exact same level coming out of my reamp box as the original DI. I can reamp with my master mix whatever level i want and not effect the DI output by turning my monitors up/down.

Hope that makes sense lol.

Phil

with my saffire i have the DI's routed to a fixed output (not one of my monitor ones), then i send that output do a different mix inside mix control. I turn off the main send on the DI track in reaper, only have the hardware send then i feed that back into the HiZ input(via my ProRMP - non modified). I monitor the HiZ input and boost the mix level in the saffire Mix control till the levels are the same.

That way i have the exact same level coming out of my reamp box as the original DI. I can reamp with my master mix whatever level i want and not effect the DI output by turning my monitors up/down.

Hope that makes sense lol.

Phil

That seems a lot of deep digging with the mix control.
With my settings i can do the same.
Turning my monitor level up/down doesn't affect my di-level or output-level to the reampbox. And if the DI are too soft, i turn the gain on the amp a bit up.

I can also reamp with my master mix and so judging the guitarsound with drums/bas/vocals/other guitars. To do this i just make sure the DI isn't solo 'd and only the di track (to be reamped) is the only track thats pointed to the reamp output.

guitarguru777 you shift click on Outputs on the right side in Saffire Mix Control to make them not controllable by Monitor output.Don't know if you know this, if you do then ignore this post :)