Reaper bouncing question

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Sorry for asking this here, but it's a 2 second question and Google isn't giving me the right answer and I cbf making an account on the Reaper forums just for this..

I'm trying to edit drums in Reaper (works a lot better than Sonar).. how the hell do I bounce all the tracks into one, when I'm done? In Sonar it's just right-click 'Bounce to clip' or something.. in Reaper I choose Render and it makes a new audio file for every single clip, instead of combining them. Reaper is fast but it's goddamn confusing!

I think what you are searching is named "glueing".

Select all the parts and right clic "glue".
It will combine everything instantly (no rendering) and will fill the gaps so that's a plain clean wav file usually named "-glued" with numbers IIRC.

Ok that seems to be it. If there's no rendering.. is there actually a new .wav file created? If so, where is it located (media item properties doesn't have a file path)? Where can I find the files when I've finished the entire song?

Hey Morgan, I´m using Reaper too to edit my drumtracks instead of Sonar, oh man, Reaper works far better!
What I do is to press "Glue" when I´ve finished editing and then in archive window there´s an option called export, you can set your folder and the quality of the rendering.
I hope Sonar X1 has better stability with multitrack editing...cheers!!

Hey Morgan, I´m using Reaper too to edit my drumtracks instead of Sonar, oh man, Reaper works far better!
What I do is to press "Glue" when I´ve finished editing and then in archive window there´s an option called export, you can set your folder and the quality of the rendering.
I hope Sonar X1 has better stability with multitrack editing...cheers!!

Yeah I'm actually really liking Reaper for editing. It's got a few quirks, and things that Sonar does smoother, but it deals with resources a billion times better. Even moving some clips when you've got a minute-long segment of split beats will lock up Sonar for 15 seconds or so, Reaper has literally no lag even when everything is crossfaded.

Yeah no lag. Actually I didn't even know it was laggy on other DAWs.

And yeah, I personnally change the .wav name under the properties so that the new final wav is called "guitar.wav" or "guitar_edited.wav". Then you can clean your mess with the clean option of reaper, or export the whole project to a new folder and keep the previous one as a backup in case you loos a file.